Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Council Houses

Unhappy Council Houses

Hi everyone,

Just been told my rent will be going up and I was wondering what the rent prices are for the rest of the county ?

I live in Ormlie and my rent for a 2 bedroomed house is 69 pound a week which will go up to 72 pound a week when the rises take place!

Can you let me know what you rent for council houses are and for which area do you live??

Many thanks !

Hi there, I live in the flats at Mount Vernon, 2 bedrooms, and my rent at the moment is £62.xx (cant remember how much pence). Im not sure how much it will be after the increase.

Quit complaining, Council rent is still cheaper than renting privately, we pay £92 a week for a 2 bedroom privately rented house in Wick, it's a struggle each month, but at least WE get to choose where we live and what kind of house we live in.

Wow they are MENTAL prices!

Sorry to butt in, does anybody know if pentland housing prices are going up?

We are £62 for a 3 bedroom house near Pennyland
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Council house rents here are far lower up here than elsewhere in the country and a lot cheaper than private landlords.
    Seven years ago we were renting a two bed semi in london and the rent was £1150.00 a month and that was quite favorable to other prices at the time so would count yourself lucky even with the new increase.
    Live and let live
    Life is too short

Gizmo, i wasnt complaining, merely responding to the previous comment. I am very happy with my flat and the area it is located - I believe mulac was simply looking to compare council rent in different areas. As you say, you chose where you live and the type of house you live in so i suggest you stop complaining about your rent being a struggle after all its your choice.

Default Council Houses

Thanks ter21wat , i am just trying to compare rents from different areas !

Gizmo your right it is a struggle each week which is getting worse not better !

No wonder hardly anyone works in High Ormlie

Quote Originally Posted by ter21wat View Post
    Gizmo, i wasnt complaining, merely responding to the previous comment. I am very happy with my flat and the area it is located - I believe mulac was simply looking to compare council rent in different areas. As you say, you chose where you live and the type of house you live in so i suggest you stop complaining about your rent being a struggle after all its your choice.
    Eh...my post wasn't directed at you so untangle yer knickers please
    And i wasn't complaining either, merely pointing out that council rent isn't that bad compared to renting privately, saying it's a stuggle each month is not a complaint...it's a fact, one that i'm happy enough with as it's a nice house, so again...untangle yer knickers

As for as I know the rents go up on the 1st April 2009 and the Avereage rent increase for the Highland Council is £2.46 a week.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by mulac View Post
    Hi everyone,

Just been told my rent will be going up and I was wondering what the rent prices are for the rest of the county ?

I live in Ormlie and my rent for a 2 bedroomed house is 69 pound a week which will go up to 72 pound a week when the rises take place!

Can you let me know what you rent for council houses are and for which area do you live??

Many thanks !

:O i live in High Ormlie too in a 2 bedroom house and my rent is already £72..and now its going up

I have a three bedroomed house in Wick which is £73 odd a week.
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Rent over here in Portree after the rise wil be roughly £65 a week for a three bedroom semi.

Looking at private rentals in central belt for similar and there about £150 per week.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Default Council Houses

Just like to thank everyone for their replys!

Thanks everyone 1!!

7 years ago I lived in kent and was paying £400 per month and that was 7 yrs ago heaven knows how much it is now x

Sorry i made a mistake earlier. We pay £52 for a 3 bedroom house. My bad. Thought it was more but it is less!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    Sorry i made a mistake earlier. We pay £52 for a 3 bedroom house. My bad. Thought it was more but it is less!

aww shelley give me ur house

im £325 a month for a 1 bedroomed flat leased wish i had a council house

I pay £61.01 for a 2 bed flat x

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    Wow they are MENTAL prices!

Sorry to butt in, does anybody know if pentland housing prices are going up?

We are £62 for a 3 bedroom house near Pennyland
    Not as far as I know. We haven't had any notication of any rent increase.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Quote Originally Posted by mulac View Post
    Hi everyone,

Many thanks !
    Which is why everyone should have voted to transfer the Council's housing stock to Highland Housing Association.
    The Scottish Government were going to right the Council's debt off too.
    Glad I rent from Pentland.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast