Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Quentin's Lot

Default Quentin's Lot

After the "Tonight" programme on the great car rip-off ,will you change to a smaller car ..

My car is small enough....it's called a Mountain Bike

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    My car is small enough....it's called a Mountain Bike
    Mines is my legs!

Or public transport but i just get angry on trains/buses! beware of me! Lol!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Nope, if anything upsizing, as we struggle to get everything we need in our wee car when we're out with the kids, going shopping or whatever.

I felt the examples he gave on the show (putting a fancy 4x4 driver in a wee Peugeot, which couldn't even hold his regular shopping, and putting the family man with two kids in a tiny wee city car) did produce startling financial savings, but did not fulfill both customers lifestyle requirements.

I would have been more impressed if it was a little more realistic... give 4x4 man an MPV - not so cool, but cheaper to run, with all the space he needs. Give family man a newer model family car with a smaller engine - cheaper to run, and less upkeep costs. Both would still see good savings, but it would be a more practical change.
    WeeBurd.

Saw it, thought about it...and I'm sticking with the auld Audi.
    Apart from MOT's (and servicing) it's cost me nowt in three years.

New ticket due soon though so I should be careful - tempting providence and all that.

I do love the two litre feel when I floor it...not that I do that often. She's fourteen years old now and t'other day when we exited the local cinema at neet - under much sodium light she looked like she'd had just rolled off the conveyer belt.

I know where Quentin's coming from but for the moment I'm not going there ;-)

(eh up!! what an a difference an apostrophe makes - th'auld Audi was almost a 'shed' :-)
    Last edited by percy toboggan; 13-Jan-09 at 18:40.

If anything we'd be upsizing , i'm happy with my Galaxy but hubby wants something bigger like 7 seater 4x4 ....usually i get my way though

I am so used to driving a people carrier that i dont think I could go "down low" again. The view from "up top" is far better than in a car.Its the height and all round vision that I like.When we had our vectra she would go like greased weasel poo and faster than a speeding gazelle but the view wasnt that hot. Will stick in the people carrier bracket,purely for comfort and vision.

I have to say we have two cars one for me and the hubby and the Galaxy for when we have the troops. I love the Galaxy for the same reasons given as hotrod4 you sit much higher from the Tar in a seven seater and its a far better feeling when on the motorway with all those lorries around.