Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Woodco - Gone Bust

Thumbs down Woodco - Gone Bust

Has anyone heard Woodco in Wick have gone bust? It seems they have been taking people's money, then making every excuse under the sun for not delivering the goods.

I've certainly heard of one family who they owe a lot of money to, it would be interesting to find out if there are any other customers out there have had their future plans shattered by these rip off merchants.

It's amazing how folk can get away with that kind of stuff these days..

Last edited by brokencross; 13-Jan-09 at 11:06.
    Take a hundred lines:- "The word is INFRACTION not INFARTION"

thanks for the links, interesting...

Saw the notice in Fridays paper......bad news for the folks who have paid them money..............

Yeah old news, and no surprise, Woodco had a terrible reputation within the trade.

It was a total mystery how they survived so long their workmanship was pathetic I feel sorry for those who have lost money
    Live and let live
    Life is too short

One good thing to come out of it all.
    They left Wick with a far better shop than when they moved in. We have that at least to be thankful for. It was such an eyesore before they fixed it up.
    Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by dirdyweeker View Post
    One good thing to come out of it all.
    They left Wick with a far better shop than when they moved in. We have that at least to be thankful for. It was such an eyesore before they fixed it up.
    Shop?, where did they have a shop?, their place was at the industrial estate next to Hunters Promotions.

I believe they owned the "old Boots" in Bridge Street, Wick. It is opposite the entry form Young & Robertson.
    Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by dirdyweeker View Post
    I believe they owned the "old Boots" in Bridge Street, Wick. It is opposite the entry form Young & Robertson.
    Not sure if they owned it but they did do the work doing it up, i have a friend who worked for them for a while and he mentioned they were doing the work fixing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Yeah old news, and no surprise, Woodco had a terrible reputation within the trade.
    Nothing like kicking a man when he's down. Pity all the folk who have now lost their money didn't know about their terrible reputation beforehand. Might have saved them some money.