Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Something good about Wick?

Default Something good about Wick?

There are 3 different threads that paint Wick as a bad place to live. How about having something good to say about the town?
    Wick has some of the friendliest people you will ever meet,and (at times) has a Community spirit that is second to none, just look at how Wickers came together for the Gala?.
    Its not all doom and gloom in Wick, it has its good points but some just "forget" about that!!!

Say something good about Wick?...ok....eh..eh...eh...Mmmmm..eh..eh...emmmm, can i get back to you on this one?

Say something good about Wick?...The road heading out..

I would say it is a resonable safe place to bring up children. Its got beautiful views, has great places to go walks.

It is'nt to busy like shops and things you can walk down the street without being squashed by hoards of people coming towards you.

People are friendly!
    A gentle stream can split a mountain, given enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Say something good about Wick?...ok....eh..eh...eh...Mmmmm..eh..eh...emmmm, can i get back to you on this one?
    C'mon we've got loads of good things in Wick! We have bonny lassies,The General Hospital,2 Indian Takeaways,4 Chinese Takeaways. A Big Tesco (not a little pretend one)And we dont glow in the dark!!!(or at least i havent since I started using the cream on the affected area that the doctor gave me!)

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod4 View Post
    C'mon we've got loads of good things in Wick! We have bonny lassies,The General Hospital,2 Indian Takeaways,4 Chinese Takeaways. A Big Tesco (not a little pretend one)And we dont glow in the dark!!!(or at least i havent since I started using the cream on the affected area that the doctor gave me!)
    What exactly have you been doing with the Radioactive Rabbits around Dounreay?

And yeah you're right, there is a bonnie lassie in Wick.

Better make that 2 then!!!!

Ahhhhh too kind, too kind lol

Its 20 miles from Thurso. I suppose a wall would be nice.
    Even if we find the light it will be surround by shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by floyed View Post
    Ahhhhh too kind, too kind lol
    Ahhh...i thought you were a boy...Oops...sorreeeeee , i also thought you were Trix's boyfriend, but i understand now, you're Trix's friend and Floyed as in Pink Floyd...i should have twigged....pair o hippys

Quote Originally Posted by Welcomefamily View Post
    Its 20 miles from Thurso. I suppose a wall would be nice.
    Better ask Floyed then, She could put "Another brick in the wall" to stop the Thursa Brigade coming through to Wick and Starin at our lassies!!!!

Ahhh...i thought you were a boy...Oops...sorreeeeee , i also thought you were Trix's boyfriend, but i understand now, you're Trix's friend and Floyed as in Pink Floyd...i should have twigged....pair o hippys
    Thanks am getting all the compliments today lol

The air polution is low.

The congestion is next to nothing unless at five o clock you are all stuck at the roundabout waiting to see whos going to go next

Crime rate is low. Im talking petty things we have but major crime ..guns, knives, we are much better off than south.

The locals are friendly ..........well most of them.

We have all amenities to hand and a day trip south for anything else thus giving us a nice day out.

OOOh and we live in an area surrounded by some of the most beautiful scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Blunderland View Post
    The air polution is low.

The congestion is next to nothing unless at five o clock you are all stuck at the roundabout waiting to see whos going to go next

Crime rate is low. Im talking petty things we have but major crime ..guns, knives, we are much better off than south.

The locals are friendly ..........well most of them.

We have all amenities to hand and a day trip south for anything else thus giving us a nice day out.

OOOh and we live in an area surrounded by some of the most beautiful scenery
    Yeah, it's so good that you choose just to live a little south of it

[QUOTE=Alice in Blunderland;481678]The air polution is low.

QUOTE]

They have a roundabout in Wick? Do you mean there's a white blob painted in the middle of the road?

[quote=The Pepsi Challenge;481682]
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Blunderland View Post
    The air polution is low.

QUOTE]

They have a roundabout in Wick? Do you mean there's a white blob painted in the middle of the road?
    Maybe you've been away so long that you forgot how forward Wick is, thats WICK not HAWICK!!!!!!

[QUOTE=hotrod4;481689]
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    Maybe you've been away so long that you forgot how forward Wick is, thats WICK not HAWICK!!!!!!
    Eh..we may have a round-a-bout or two...but no in Wick knows how to use them properly, they blankly stare at the car to their left wondering if they're going to bloody well get a move on

[quote=Gizmo;481694]
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod4 View Post

Eh..we may have a round-a-bout or two...but no in Wick knows how to use them properly, they blankly stare at the car to their left wondering if they're going to bloody well get a move on
    How true you speak! Roundabout at Wick seems to confuse most of the drivers. God help us if they put one in Thurso at the station junction,if the Mart site ever gets developed.
    Don`t bother "repping" me it`s turned off.

Wick is a lovely place we have never found anything wrong with it anytime we have been there.
    Cheers

There's nothing like a trip down to Englandshire to make you realised how lucky you are to live up here, any part of up here!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast