Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Any natural cures for sickness?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So sorry to hear you and your sister are both laid up Liz. There are some awful bugs doing the rounds, our family have unfortunately had the flu one. My son thought he had escaped it, went to the street party and next day couldn't lift his head off the pillow. The majority of his friends who were with him seem to have picked it up there as well. I seem to have had a cough for weeks and feel that I now should have shares in Kleenex the amount I have gone through over the past month. Chickenpox is raging amongst the younger ones and I think most homes have been hit one way or another. I feel for you having a sick bug. I hate being sick. The flat coke is what I would recommend too. Make sure you keep warm and drink as much fluids as you can keep down. You don't want to become dehydrated. The last time I had a sick bug someone recommended sucking a boiled fruit sweetie to take the awful taste away. I bought Fox's Glacier Fruits and found they did the trick. I hope you are both on the mend soon. It's not a very good start to the new year but hopefully you will feel better soon. Take care.
    Last edited by Venture; 04-Jan-09 at 13:28.

Would go with what everyone has said....all great remedies. Ginger tea for nausea and flat coke to rehydrate..............Hope you are better soon.
    A tip to prevent succumbing to tummy bugs is to take a gulp of cider apple vinegar everyday...................if that sounds too awful you can put a tspnfl in a 1/2 glass of water with a little honey................Get well soon.

Thanks ever so much everyone and, bless you Kevin for the offer. Very kind of you.

This is the org at it's best!
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"