Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Thai Fishcakes - where can I find them?

Default Thai Fishcakes - where can I find them?

wanting to serve Thai fishcakes on new years day but can't find any in the supermarkets in Thurso. Has anyone seen them in any shops recently?? Think I may have to make them from scratch!!!!

Don't know where you'll get them but I saw "Deep Fried Cod Fillet" on offer as a starter in Jimmy Chung's in Inverness last week. It was just half a fish finger dipped in batter and deep fried.

What about trying one of the Chinese Restaurants. They might make them for you. If not here is a recipe from Delia

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/t...ce,747,RC.html

Quote Originally Posted by gollach View Post
    Don't know where you'll get them but I saw "Deep Fried Cod Fillet" on offer as a starter in Jimmy Chung's in Inverness last week. It was just half a fish finger dipped in batter and deep fried.
    haha, got fish fingers in the freezer, I'll just split them open and add some chilli peppers to them!

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    haha, got fish fingers in the freezer, I'll just split them open and add some chilli peppers to them!
    get a bottle of that sweet chilli dipping sauce and it will be perfect!

PS what's your address?

http://www.seafish.org/plate/details...=1&recipeid=12

try that recipe, its not fish cakes but you can swop the crab meat for fish.

Default thi fish cakes

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    wanting to serve Thai fishcakes on new years day but can't find any in the supermarkets in Thurso. Has anyone seen them in any shops recently?? Think I may have to make them from scratch!!!!
    hi its very easy to make white fish bread crumbs and spices

got hubby trawling (yes pun intended) the county today for them while I slave away at work

think its gonna have to be from scratch though thanks for replies so far