Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Christmas Vandalism

Default Christmas Vandalism

I have just hear from a friend that the Winter Wonderland attraction on the river ness has been vandalised and the Council has had to remove it for repair which means it will not be ready untill next year.
    I am completely mystified as to why someone would do this It was doing no harm and there were hundreds and hundred of delighted people when this opened.
    Live and let live
    Life is too short

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Manners View Post
    I have just hear from a friend that the Winter Wonderland attraction on the river ness has been vandalised and the Council has had to remove it for repair which means it will not be ready untill next year.
    I am completely mystified as to why someone would do this It was doing no harm and there were hundreds and hundred of delighted people when this opened.
    Probably just because they could and spoiling things makes them feel big and clever. However the reverse is obviously true...its definitely not big or clever.
    Spring has sprung, the grass is ris', I wonder where the birdies is, the birdies is on d' wing, now thats absurd, everyone knows d' wing is on d' bird

That is really dire but I see the they hope to try again next year but no doubt it will cost more as there may have to be security measures in place! How sad!

small fishing village outside wick called pulteney

only one word for the vandals TWATS, should be shot

Its a nationwide problem.
    On my Hometown website (Dalry)they mention that they have just had a new LIDL store built there this month. It has had its windows put threw twice already.The local Co-op doesnt have a front window as its just been put through again.On top of that the Local library has just re-opened after 11 months closed because someone set fire to it!!!
    Dalry is smaller than Wick and Thurso and they are plagued with vandalism.Its a national disgrace and those that are guilty should get the birch and made to repair the damage they make.

Quote Originally Posted by riggerboy View Post
    only one word for the vandals TWATS, should be shot
    Shooting them might be a bit drastic but they should be punished far to often the ones that get caught( and thats not enough ) get away with community service or a pityful fine they should be made to pay and if they are youngsters the parents should pay the more they get away with it the more it will happen.
    Live and let live
    Life is too short

On this subject, has anyone seen the Roman Catholic church in Thurso?

Quote Originally Posted by Melancholy Man View Post
    On this subject, has anyone seen the Roman Catholic church in Thurso?
    No what happened to it? Does it exist? Their website seems to be down.