Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 365 Days Later.....

Thumbs up 365 Days Later.....

I'm not really one for every giving self praise, but on this occasion i think i'll give myself a pat on the back, this time last year i was a borderline alcoholic, the 15th Dec 2007 was the last time a single drop of alcohol passed my lips, i actually made the decision to stop drinking on the 5th but fell off the wagon when i lost my job on the 15th, so today i have been sober for exactly one year, it's not been easy and i had to walk away from the lifestyle i was living and also most of my friends, i miss the craic at times, but i don't miss all the hassle that came along with it, life is still far from perfect, but it's a hell of a lot healthier and happier without alcohol

Well done Gizmo, keep up the good work.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    I'm not really one for every giving self praise, but on this occasion i think i'll give myself a pat on the back, this time last year i was a borderline alcoholic, the 15th Dec 2007 was the last time a single drop of alcohol passed my lips, i actually made the decision to stop drinking on the 5th but fell off the wagon when i lost my job on the 15th, so today i have been sober for exactly one year, it's not been easy and i had to walk away from the lifestyle i was living and also most of my friends, i miss the craic at times, but i don't miss all the hassle that came along with it, life is still far from perfect, but it's a hell of a lot healthier and happier without alcohol
    Absolutely nowt wrong in congratulating yourself on such a great acheivement - you have loads to be proud of! The straight & narrow path is never an easy one, whatever our failings are. One day at a time Gizmo and best wishes for the future you want to have. Anne xxxxxx
    PEACE LOVE LIGHT & HARMONY

Thumbs up

Credit where credit is due, well done Gizmo. Not easy, but at least you have seen the light. One day at a time, I am sure it will get easier. Good luck on the coming year ahead and look forward to hearing about your 2nd anniversary. Remember help is at hand locally .......

Default Drink

Good on you mate. Well done.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Thumbs up

Very, very well done!
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Well done, Gizmo. That's brilliant!

Happy anniversary!
    Last edited by Angela; 16-Dec-08 at 15:51.

Very well done and here is another pat on your back all the best for the next year
    Its nice to be nice

Good job Gizmo mate.

I'd better not see you in Spoons with the missus on Saturday night!!

Only joking - well done!
    Behold the turtle - he only ever gets anywhere by sticking his neck out...

Gizmo, well done, you have done great, that's a power of strength, doing it and admitting it.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Well done Gizmo, you've every right to give yourself a pat on the back
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

binbob Guest

Default 365 days later

well done...gizmo.

Gizmo, you have done so well and deserve all the hearty congratulations that you can handle.
    It is pretty wonderful that you have the courage and strength to share your achievement openly with your friends at the .org.
    You are an inspiration to others..............Well done!!!
    And if you ever feel like a bit of pub craic why not pop over to the org pub on jokes, humour etc and add your bit fun......

Well done Gizmo. You deserve a pat on the back. It was a really hard time of year for you to stop but you did it. You are right to be proud of yourself.
    cape locum et fac vestigium

Default Well done

Congratulations on cutting the alcohol. Keep up the good work for yourself, I am sure you feel a lot better and see things in a different light now.

I chuckle when folk say they dont drink - wish they would state what they usually mean, as you did - no alcohol.

I frequently ask the person who said they dont drink how they are managing to survive - they think I am being obtuse but if they were like many folk with kidney and other health problems where every sip of water is counted they would never utter the words 'I dont drink' when they mean 'I do not drink alcohol'.

I consider if alcohol was discovered now it would be illegal - more damaging to family life, work, health and relationships than anything else known.

Well dont indeed! I would take more than one pat on the back...take 5! Go on! U deserve it!

I understand it would be hard in a way as i had a family member in the same situation who has now been sobre since Febuary. Obviously i dont see it from your point of view but i do understand in a different way!

So well done!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Well done Gizmo!

Well done indeed you deserve a pat on the back you are doing really well.

Well done it takes a lot to admit to people your condition and you are stronger for it keep up the good work and with a positive attitude you can conquer all in your path. Have a nice christmas
    Live and let live
    Life is too short

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast