Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Calling all Caithness Edinburghers...

Default Calling all Caithness Edinburghers...

Tonight is the launch for Jim Watters' book So Near Yet So Far. I ghosted the book for Jim, and we'll both be giving a talk - as well as giving out free glasses of wine and mince pies - at the Ratpack Piano Bar in Shandwick Place. It kicks off at 7pm, so if any Caithness folk who are in Edinburgh and at a loose end, please do come along.

Here's a piece in The Scotsman with some background on Jim and the book (below).

Cheers!

TPC

http://living.scotsman.com/features/...Jim.4792034.jp

Love how the guy is on his way to Mass, yet manages to swear twice in his first two lines.

Hope you get a good turnout, anyways.
    Rockchick

Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so (Douglas Adams)

I'll be there milling around the plate of mincemeat tarts.

Smile

Brought back memories of Robert Harris's book 'The Ghost' here. Good on you Pepsi. Hope it all goes well and there's not a glass of wine or mince pie to be had when it's over. Have a great time.
    cape locum et fac vestigium

Robert Harris Brilliant. I'll tell Jim that, Valerie; that's a great comparison.

The launch went better than expected. And nice to see the beautiful canuck there, too - always a blessing (no pun intended) to have her company.