Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: BBC sports personality of the year

Default BBC sports personality of the year

Well done Chris Hoy. He deserved it.

He certainly did, well done

Yay! Well Done Chris Hoy!

yeh good for Scot as well but in my opinion they were all winners Adlington and Formula 1 world champ Lewis Hamilton shame it all happened in Olympic year
    Its nice to be nice

I agree with Anne X pity it was an Olympic year Lewis Hamilton would have been a worty winner, my second choice would have been Chris hoy.
    Well done
    Live and let live
    Life is too short

Apparently the BBC have stated the votes don't count and all three will go through to next weeks dance off in Strictly Come Dancing...

Talking

Well done to chris hoy. A very worthy winner. A scottish treasure.

This year the winners were all excellent and have done so much for the Uk,

Chris Hoy has extremely well for cycling, Scotland and sport in general this year - a well deserved winner of the award.

A good result......
    Even if we find the light it will be surround by shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Manners View Post
    I agree with Anne X pity it was an Olympic year Lewis Hamilton would have been a worty winner, my second choice would have been Chris hoy.
    Well done
    Omg are you serious id of been gutted if lewis hamilton won why would of he desreved it being shoved in one of the fastest f1 cars not much hard work done there was there.

Well done to chris hoy. now that was what you called well earned.

Quote Originally Posted by telfordstar View Post
    Omg are you serious id of been gutted if lewis hamilton won why would of he desreved it being shoved in one of the fastest f1 cars not much hard work done there was there.

Well done to chris hoy. now that was what you called well earned.
    Kimi was in the same car and where did he finish? it's about driving style attitude concentration and a desire to be better than the rest. ops iv'e just described a sportsman.
    I am happy Chris Hoy has won and do not want to take anything away from him however my personal choice would have been lewis ist chris second
    Live and let live
    Life is too short

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Manners View Post
    Kimi was in the same car and where did he finish? it's about driving style attitude concentration and a desire to be better than the rest. ops iv'e just described a sportsman.
    I am happy Chris Hoy has won and do not want to take anything away from him however my personal choice would have been lewis ist chris second
    mmmm Kimi now let me see wonder why he inished where he did eh. Dosnt take a genius to work that one does it. Im the end the best guy won but in sure daddy helped lewis wipe those tears away

On another forum I frequent, there was someone who started her thread with.......

Winner: Chris Hoy. Who? Why? So famous, I've never heard of him.

And she meant it!

Personally I think the £50,000 that went into developing his, and his teammates bikes might have skewed the playing field from level. Mind you, he has very impressive thigh muscles.
    My vote went to Rebecca Adlington , who only had her own power to see her through - and a pair of goggles and a skin tight swimming costume.
    She also bears a striking resemblance to Geraldine...the winner of 'Britains got the Pop Factor' - does anyone know if they're related.

Exclamation

Percy, if TeamGB spent 50K you can rest assured the other teams spent a lot more! And Chris Hoy was the only power turning the cranks!

He is a multiple world champion and Olympic gold and silver medal winner. With his three gold medals in the 2008 Olympic's Hoy became Scotland's most successful Olympian, Also the first Briton to win three medals in a single Olympic games since Henry Taylor, in 1908, and the most successful Olympic male cyclist of all time. (courtisy of wikki)

I think i would of put him first too, Even though lewis is the youngest F1 winner, Hoy has it for me

Quote Originally Posted by Aaldtimer View Post
    Percy, if TeamGB spent 50K you can rest assured the other teams spent a lot more! And Chris Hoy was the only power turning the cranks!
    I think you'll find that due to lottery funding the British team was at the very vanguard of hi-tech development and investment for their cyclists.
    I'm not necessarily knocking it but feel Adlington had just her power assisted shoulders, her aqua-dynamic nose (surely a reverse dorsal fin) and her own personal flotation aids and frankly she made the most of all of 'em to win two golds.

Good luck to the young man Hoy - I certainly do not begrudge him that fine auld trophy.
    Last edited by percy toboggan; 16-Dec-08 at 18:49.