Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Petrol/ oil and gas prices

Default Petrol/ oil and gas prices

So crude oil drops to 2005 prices and we are still paying over 10p more per litre than we were then. Gas prices are still higher than they were then. Of all the things the government could do, why don't they force these big companies to stop robbing from the rest of us?
    There are two rules for success:
    1. Never tell people everything you know

Too right.
    The prices of so many things went sky high all because of the cost of oil, and now oil has dropped drastically in price there is no obvious climb-down in the price of life's little luxuries, like heat.
    Lives of great men all remind us, we can make our lives sublime, and, departing, leave behind us, footprints on the sands of time.
    Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Iv'e just returned from my regular trip to London and find that this year petrol was thirty pounds more than the same trip last year when asda can bring prices down to 90p per litre why can't the other big players they all buy in bulk from the same suppliers?
    Live and let live
    Life is too short

Default hey

went shopping in asda in kirkcaldy it was 92.9 for petrol and heard on the news asda has dropped it even futher.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.ROY'S DEATH BLADE RUNNER 1982

As most folks know, we don't have an Asda up here for some reason, not that I wish to hijack the thread, exactly

I think I spotted the lads changing the sign to read 93.9/L UL as I drove past Tesco last night. Small steps I suppose.... but what about the costs of gas, electricity, kerosene, coal, anthracite etc.. Any knock-on reductions in price there yet ?
    Lives of great men all remind us, we can make our lives sublime, and, departing, leave behind us, footprints on the sands of time.
    Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Gordon Brown as asked them to take prices down,they all gave same
    excuse that they had to buy when prices where high,and cant take prices down
    for few mths,in which time prices will have gone up again,hope we dont get long cold winter,as we will all have to pay higher prices this winter,

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox57 View Post
    Gordon Brown as asked them to take prices down,they all gave same excuse that they had to buy when prices where high,and cant take prices down
    for few mths
    What a lame excuse. When crude oil prices go up the pump price goes up immediately. They don't say "oh it's ok we can keep the price low as we bought when it was cheaper!"

Just Reported on the News that Crude Oil is down to $50.00 a Barrel which is almost one thrid of it top price of $147.50 a Barrel just over 2 months ago.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    What a lame excuse. When crude oil prices go up the pump price goes up immediately. They don't say "oh it's ok we can keep the price low as we bought when it was cheaper!"
    thank was my point,lame excuse is right,and the fat cats will get there xmas bonus ,

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox57 View Post
    Gordon Brown as asked them to take prices down,they all gave same
    excuse that they had to buy when prices where high,and cant take prices down
    for few mths,in which time prices will have gone up again,hope we dont get long cold winter,as we will all have to pay higher prices this winter,
    But the blood sucking gas companies were happy to backdate their price rises - no shame!
    There are two rules for success:
    1. Never tell people everything you know

Just been to Tesco (Leyland, Lancs) and paid (with my 5p off): 84.9p a litre unleaded.. it's getting better..

Default petrol

in Lewis we are still paying 112.9 a litre

Benbecula and Barra prices will be much higher than here - do not know what they are paying but it is usually at least 5p a litre dearer than here.

Same tankers deliver to Scrabster and Inverness as come here!

Isle of Lewis fuel prices!!!

Our petrol is down to 108.9 for unleadee and marvel of marvels Scottish Fuels the only company delivering domestic heating fuel on the island is getting competition with serious intent!

Brogan fuels of Arderseir - can bring the fuel in a tanker on the ferry and still charge nearly 4p a litre cheaper than Scottish Fuels who get their fuel delivered to their door by Border Heather and co the same vessels supplying Scrabster and Inverness.

Local supplier - Scottish Fuels today was 46.9

Brogan Fuels was 43 a litre

Know where I will be going for my next supply of heating oil, understand they are also delivering vehicle fuels to some of the outlying garages who have no contracts to consider.