Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: good place or bad?

Default good place or bad?

What do people think of 'The All Star Factory'?

I think it is okay - BUT there is just something...dont know what! they are getting good films up nearer to their release date which is good.

i was up the other day and went to the cinema - now you are not allowed to take in your own sweets or that - and we went to the counter to get sweets and they had no stock! not a single bag of sweets to be seen, there was pic 'n' mix but that was quite empty too, and expensive!

When we were in it was not very busy, no wonder, 6 quid a ticket thats redicilous!

what do other ppl think?

Quote Originally Posted by Big G
    What do people think of 'The All Star Factory'?

I think it is okay - BUT there is just something...dont know what! they are getting good films up nearer to their release date which is good.

i was up the other day and went to the cinema - now you are not allowed to take in your own sweets or that - and we went to the counter to get sweets and they had no stock! not a single bag of sweets to be seen, there was pic 'n' mix but that was quite empty too, and expensive!

When we were in it was not very busy, no wonder, 6 quid a ticket thats redicilous!

what do other ppl think?
    I wish they would ban people eating in the Cinema anyway.....Grrrr..it drives me crazy.
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

It must be about a year since I've been there - went for a bar supper, then the cinema & I quite enjoyed both. I can't quite believe they would stop you taking your own sweets in. What do they do then - search the ladies' handbags and frisk the guys with big pockets ?

no, if you come walking into the cinema with a bag of sweets they take it off u then. they have signs up saying (with a spelling mistake in it) ! but no wonder people are taking in their own stuff - its very very expensive. for a bag of sweets its 2.15 and get this for a bottle of water it is ........ 1.20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 (sorry my pound key doesnt work)

no, if you come walking into the cinema with a bag of sweets they take it off u then. they have signs up saying (with a spelling mistake in it) ! but no wonder people are taking in their own stuff - its very very expensive. for a bag of sweets its 2.15 and get this for a bottle of water it is ........ 1.20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 (sorry my pound key doesnt work)
    £1.20 for a bottle of water...that IS ridiculous. Hmm £2.15 for the sweeties isn't expensive enough!!
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Its the same down here u cant take sweets in but i sneak them in

Cool

I sneak them in as well, but I do like their wine gums.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

I knew the inside pocket of my coat would come in handy

they have signs up saying (with a spelling mistake in it)
    Makes me smile every time I see it. I took a picture of it last time in case they eventually get around to changing it!

They should leave it though as part of the cinema's history. :-)

Regarding sweets and drinks they are very over priced but I guess given the small customer base they have they have to make a profit wherever they can.
    Last edited by Geo; 24-Jan-06 at 00:57.

1.20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 (sorry my pound key doesnt work)
    A light hearted suggestion big g, spend less on sweets and get yourself a new keyboard!!!!!!! lol

The sweeties are dear in all the cinemas, I've been in Inverness, Aberdeen and Edinburgh and they are all the same set up and similar prices.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

I'm quite happy to pay the £6 for the films because I don't want to travel to Inverness to go to the cinema.

While it's there people won't use it (any time I've been it is nearly empty) but if it closes these same people will most likely be outraged!
    Ashley Giles - the thinking man's Shane Warne.

was at the cinema last night, we paid our £6, paid a fortune for popcorn and went up the stairs, there was no one on duty at all that we saw, no one checked our tickets, no one showed us to our seats and at no point did I see another member of staff. Last time we were there, I wanted to complain about the behaviour of some kids who were spoiling the film and again there were no staff, even the kiosk was closed - I wonder what would happen if there was an accident or God forbid, a fire? It's a public building should there not be regulations about first aiders, fire drills etc etc?

Incidentally it was also very cold last night! We did however have an excellent meal in Liquid bar, would definately go back there

Default cinema

I don't go very often as it is so expesive, the last time as a family of five we were over £30 for tickets a drink and a bag of sweets. I rather wait until the film comes out on DVD and but it for the kids better value and they can watch it as many times as they like, more cost effective. And you are in the comfort of your own home...

to be fair, the cinema on the whole is kept clean and comfortable and is definately a bonus for the town, I just don't think it's particularly well managed, what staff there are seem to be about 16! they seem to get the new films quite quickly but sometimes the same films are on for weeks. The price of entry is pretty standard for cinemas everywhere and unfortunately the price of juice and sweets etc is the same (I take my own in as well!). It is cheaper to go in the afternoon by the way, but it really is a very expensive day out for a family which is a shame because a lot of the films the kids want to watch, Harry Potter etc do look much better on the big screen. What I don't understand is why they always have to have the volume turned up so loud - in some cases the soundtrack has even been distorted its that loud - I find it quite off putting(?) at times

all-star factory is expensiv, i agree but then u can at least watch films within the county an' go bowlin, play pool an' hav a laugh n that! they do gr8 chips n' pizza 4 great price at lunchtime tho - been there many timez at college lunch break!

Quote Originally Posted by jay
    it was also very cold last night!
    I always find it a bit nippy in there, I end up with my coat over me to keep warm but then I end up falling asleep!

We usually sneak our drinks in too! As we don't go very often I don't mind paying for popcorn as it is very good!
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

A quick question for all who are against the no sweets rule, would you take your own food into a restaraunt? No and i cant see any differnece whilst you are on there premises you cant do these things its like going into a pub with your own drink, you just wouldnt do it?

i have no association with the bowling alley but i can see there point in not allowing it, but if you are that determined to take your ownb food in then surely you can do it subtly, as a previous poster pointed out there not going to check your pockets??

Also would thurso be a better place without the cinema??

Quote Originally Posted by buggyracer
    A quick question for all who are against the no sweets rule, would you take your own food into a restaraunt? No and i cant see any differnece whilst you are on there premises you cant do these things its like going into a pub with your own drink, you just wouldnt do it?
    ??
    Yes i agree with the restaraunt. But the cinema are selling the film not the sweets.
    as for a pub it would be a better example to say would you buy the over priced cigarettes or take in your own? or for the cigar smokers would u buy the limited supply offered in most pubs or take ur own.

since were being silly would you go to the swimming pool an take your own water

Talking

I just sneak my own sweets, popcorn and juice in with me. Its so much cheaper as long as you have them in ur handbag then the staff will never know. Hey connie im one of those noisey eaters lol i get a few strange looks at how loud i crunch my popcorn.
    A balanced diet is a cake in each hand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast