Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

View Poll Results: which age bracket includes you ( it's a PRIVATE poll)

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • under 21

1 0.82%
  • 21 - 40

39 31.97%
  • 41 - 65

70 57.38%
  • 66 - 110

12 9.84%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: No county for old men...?

Default No county for old men...?

A poster called me an old man' yesterday.
    That's rich I thought. 'Cause I'm only 57 like!

It's the first time I remember being addressed as such but I supose I'd better get used to it.

Anyway, it started me thinking of the age mix in this forum.
    Considering the alternatives being regarded as old is preferable to being dead. And actually, some of my favourite people are, and were 'old men'

So, which bracket do you fall into?
    If this has been done before I apologise .

The vote involves a poll...with no offence intended for other Eastern European groups, homophonic English is at fault here.
    Last edited by percy toboggan; 23-Oct-08 at 16:59. Reason: I originally wrote 'I apologise from the heart of my bottom - too crude.

I'm 37, but my body thinks it's somewhere closer to 60

I'm touching nearly 50..which is a bit naughty as I live in a built-up area.

An age-ist poll percy! What about those over 110 yrs old?

I'm touching 44 but she'll wake up soon!

Default old

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    I'm 37, but my body thinks it's somewhere closer to 60
    iam 88 treated as 8 year old body giving up why mind active .it was said i need a new space suit cannot find one on e bay

I am 37 and in my head am around 25. Would not want to be a teenager and am currently dreading 40 bar the fact that hubby has promised to take us on a fabulous holiday minus the children...
    Spring has sprung, the grass is ris', I wonder where the birdies is, the birdies is on d' wing, now thats absurd, everyone knows d' wing is on d' bird

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    An age-ist poll percy! What about those over 110 yrs old?

I'm touching 44 but she'll wake up soon!
    Oh blimey! I'm age-ist now?
    add it to the list

I am "ONLY" 38 , So I am senior to Gizmo and mcaugum but Junior to Northerner, Joxville and Percy, So that makes me feel better!!!
    Those darn youngsters better no come on here and make me more "senior"

Quote Originally Posted by mccaugm View Post
    I am 37 and in my head am around 25. Would not want to be a teenager and am currently dreading 40 bar the fact that hubby has promised to take us on a fabulous holiday minus the children...

A late night chat with friends recently had us musing what age we'd have liked to have 'stopped' at , we it possible. Frozen in time as it were.
    I chose 37. 1988, With a thirteen year old Son and a Daughter doing her 'O' levels I can remember thinking this was as good as it got. Not young anymore but with a modicum of nouse. Fit as a flea playing tennis and squash regularly. An old banger on the drive, a wife in her prime.Thatcher was the only blot.

I was never 25 in my head, not even when I was 25 ! Always thought 'older' I think and come to think of it I'd probably vote for Maggie now !

Growing older is not so bad., but the most intriguing bit is looking in the mirror and seeing your father.
    (that's my father, not yours....oh...you know what I mean )

i was forty on monday, and i dinna give a toss. ye canny change it can ye? jist another day, after all :-)
    it's a sair fecht

Quote Originally Posted by percy toboggan View Post
    An old banger on the drive, a wife in her prime.)
    I'm glad you didn't get those two mixed up.

I'm glad you didn't get those two mixed up.
    you are a wag joxy old boy.

A late night chat with friends recently had us musing what age we'd have liked to have 'stopped' at , we it possible. Frozen in time as it were.
    I chose 37. 1988, With a thirteen year old Son and a Daughter doing her 'O' levels I can remember thinking this was as good as it got. Not young anymore but with a modicum of nouse. Fit as a flea playing tennis and squash regularly. An old banger on the drive, a wife in her prime.Thatcher was the only blot.

I was never 25 in my head, not even when I was 25 ! Always thought 'older' I think and come to think of it I'd probably vote for Maggie now !

Growing older is not so bad., but the most intriguing bit is looking in the mirror and seeing your father.
    (that's my father, not yours....oh...you know what I mean )
    If I had to choose a year to stick at I would have chosen 1988 as well. Aged 23, my first summer of living in England, long and hot it was too. Met some great people, had a fabulous year, so many brilliant memories from that time. Met my future ex-wife too!!

The downside is my son would never have been born.

Well i am 27

Oh blimey! I'm age-ist now?
    add it to the list
    Would that be the 'ist list'?

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod4 View Post
    I am "ONLY" 38 , So I am senior to Gizmo and mcaugum but Junior to Northerner, Joxville and Percy, So that makes me feel better!!!
    Those darn youngsters better no come on here and make me more "senior"
    I thought you were much younger than that, Hotrod.

i loved 1988 was 17 then and the music was brilliant, the booze and crack was fantastic.

but 25 is how old my brain has stuck at, though by birth i'm now 37 as well (think there is a trend to the age of the orgers who are replying here)

but according to the bairns when i am in the swimming pool trying to chuck them off the floats then their age and when i get a fit of the giggles then definitely their age

attempting to run up the blackstairs then definitely makes me feel ancient

I was 53 a few weeks ago and feel ancient right now colliding with a wall is NOT a good idea.
    Images of Spain can be seen at valspages.com

If I had to choose a year to stick at I would have chosen 1988 as well. Aged 23, my first summer of living in England, long and hot it was too. Met some great people, had a fabulous year, so many brilliant memories from that time. Met my future ex-wife too!!

The downside is my son would never have been born(
    88 was a good year for me too. Was staying In England then too and remember the heat then in Dover ,it wer hot I tells ya
    Plus I was frequenting Illegal raves and it was awesome, I think thats why they labelled it as "the summer of love 2"

I am 39 but somedays I feel 19 and others I feel like 90 but then again we all have days like that dont we?If I could stay at any age I think it would be 25 but only because I was inbetween husbands at that time and happier for it x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast