Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Broadband

Default Broadband

Hi guys

Just wondering how many people on here are using Broadband?

I've been thinking about getting Broadband for ages now, and I'm planning to upgrade next week. I'm just not sure which provider to go with.

I need a provider that is reliable, and can provide webspace, as I have a website that I would need to keep.

Which Broadband package does everyone think is the best? Is is worth the hassle, and is it easy to install?

Thanks.

Just changed from dial up to broadband and from night to day!!!!! Virgin net here. No problems so far and very easy to use and install.
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing

Talking Broadband

I Say this. GO FOR IT!!!! We got it a couple of months ago after humming and hawing and I wish I had got it sooner. I could NEVER go back to dial-up. We are with Tiscali, it is fine for me and easy-peasy to install, but everyone has their own favourite.

Don't delay, do it today!!!!

The Loafer
    Tally ho with a bing and a bong and a buzz-buzz-buzz

Go for it, as said before its like the difference as to night and day I am with Wannadoo formerly Freeserve and never had a bit of trouble since day one
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

I am on AOL Broadband. There is no d/load limit and I have had no problems so far. It is a tad dear @£29.99 but I find the customer service to be very good. I get my phone calls through AOL Talk now so I am saving money there which helps.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

krieve Guest

Dont have it yet i am also planning it soon when i get round to it lol.
    My uncle is a computer programmer and he says one of the best he has used is tiscali .

Thumbs up Broadband

Go for Tiscali & £14.99 per month

After pontificating for ages I went broadband last month when AOL offered it for the same price as dial up and one month free!

It's £15.99 for the 'silver' service. It's fast enough for my needs. I dont play games or download movie clips. The biggest benefit is the freeing up of the phone line.

You get up to seven different 'identities' all with loads of 'free' webspace plus 'easy designing' software - basic but okay.

Dont go for BT Broadband im stuck for another 6 months I go over my download/ surftime limit all the time cause Im on Caithness.org too much.

we hav ebeen on broadband since caithness was brought up to scratch *G* broadband wise! and would never go back to dial up
    with BT but think we will change it.. as we have had it for a year .. and planning on going wirless.. any sugestions?

When i lived in Caithness i used AOL and i never had any problems, my brother uses Eclipse and he has a bit of bother with them. As for BT i'd keep well clear of them. I believe Nildram and Pipex is good.

Wanadoo have never given me as much as one single error message for 4 years of use. First 6 months @ £14.99 for up to 8Mb.

Had broadband since it was available. Me and maboys had 2meg from the start and couldn't do without it. We regularly surf with 5/6 computers and never have a problem
    Plusnet are the berries - low contention rates and stonking speed.

Smile

Were with Onetel..........£29.99 for Broadband Unlimited Internet Access 24/7, Unlimited Local and National calls 24/7 plus Line rental of around £10.50 = Around £40 per month for the whole package...........Anyone know how to do it all any cheaper?

must say i am with BT, though no doubt could get it cheaper i haven't had aproblem with them. must look into some of the cheaper options available will read this thread with great interest
    www.tugmistress.co.uk

Thanks for all the replies everyone.

I had hoped to go with BT or Wanadoo, as I have accounts and websites with both of them. I'm not sure I want to continue with BT though, and was thinking more about Wanadoo.

Oh, decisions, decisions!!!

I use freedom2surf.
    Have had no problems and it costs less than the dial-up service I had before broadband.

I went with BT because I'm a fair distance from the exchange, and thought it would be best in case of any technical difficulties.

Two things I'd say about BT

1) Their customer service is awful. Once I was on hold for an hour, and passed to four different departments.

2) Their webspace is provided through geocities - and you get adverts on your own webspace.

Try the following link to compare different ISPs and see how their customers rate them >>> http://www.adslguide.org.uk/isps/compare.asp

Just Outside The Gateway To Hell 3rd House On The Left

Dont go with bt there support is laughable to say the least waiting an hour till get through to someone in another country that doesnt have the slightest clue what your on about before they pass you to another department and then you start the cycle all over again

I was with plus net and as long as you arent downloading loads then there fine but today i just switched back to eclipse although there slightly dearer they dotn give you any grief about large downloads
    Give a child a hammer and the whole world becomes a nail

Im with Tiscali 2mb unlimited @ £17.99 per/month, Can not fault them, Excellent service.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast