Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Help with a present!!

Default Help with a present!!

Can anyone think of something to buy for a man who has no hobbies for a birthday pressi (49), im really stuck with this one, and its his birthday tomorro although i sont need the pressi till sunday!!

Anyone bought anyone something nice, something unusual or anything at all for that fact!!

Please help!

How about a magazine subscription. We have done that for a few friends and it is great because they get their present all year round!! And delivered to their door!

Gift certificate? Adventure day? Good malt?
    There are two rules for success:
    1. Never tell people everything you know

How about a voucher for 'Maggies' to have a relaxing massage!

Certainly would be different.
    Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Default vouchers

give a voucher for flying lesson or trip with the flying folk at Wick airport - will get a different perspective of Caithness from a fairly low level.

A voucher for one of the sea tours - how many Caithness folk have been on one, it is something they will get around to at some time - again a different perspective of Caithness, see it from a visitors viewpoint.

A relaxing weekend - down at Latheron? to the B&B that got some good write ups on here a few months ago, go to B&B up west for a short break - not far to go but getting away from it all.

Buy any of the Caithness books, CDs or DVDs which are bound to be coming out in time for Christmas.

Take him out for a meal for somewhere you want to try but have not got around to yet.

Cook a meal at home, serving all things preferred by oh.

What about a day together with the phones and doorbell switched off - relaxing, going for a walk, taking things easy - switch off day in more ways than one.

Default Magazine Subscription

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider3 View Post
    How about a magazine subscription. We have done that for a few friends and it is great because they get their present all year round!! And delivered to their door!
    I like that idea.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Default Magazine subscriptions...

My mum is currently doing that for myself, hubby and various others....the gift that keeps on giving...so to speak.
    Spring has sprung, the grass is ris', I wonder where the birdies is, the birdies is on d' wing, now thats absurd, everyone knows d' wing is on d' bird

Get him a hobby horse ????

"I tried daydreaming,but my mind kept wandering"