Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: How fast is a mile?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by lazytown View Post
    With an 8 min mile, they army wants 1.5 mile in 14 mins 30 sec or less ...so u would qualify for basic training
    In November 2001 I was rejected for the TA despite being able to clock a seven minute mile. I'm a chronic asthmatic.

Now, I can manage a three minute mile. On my bicycle.

N/A

not applicable oh how I wish
    Its nice to be nice

I don't know how long it would take me to run a mile but if it was against my super-fit brother I'd want a two-day head start.

If I had just finished my final meal then I wouldn't manage a yard let alone a mile.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

It all depends on a few factors... wind speed, rain, sun and who's chasing me through the streets of glasgow..then it might be a world record!

If there's a real good incentive, I could probably do a 9 minute mile.

I thought I was fast until my son challenged me to a race. He was about 17, played football and bragged that he could run faster backward than I could run forward. Huh, no way! so foolish me, off we went to the track and he left me in the dust.
    Haven't yet lived it down

Are you talking about a good old fashioned 1760 yard mile or the new fangled 1500metres which masquerades as the popular middle distance.
    Take a hundred lines:- "The word is INFRACTION not INFARTION"