Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: they return

Default they return

ice road truckers are back. can't wait , 23rd october at 9pm. hubby is groaning already as i have set it up on series link on sky

Excellent - I was wondering if that would be coming back on. It's one of the few things that Hubby and I both watch!
    Thanks for posting the info.

Hi Gofor

I didnt really watch it but did see some of the episodes of the last series. Man, what those guys go through!! I certainly couldn't do that.

At the mo, I think it is guys that cut down trees that is on in its place. Haven't watched any of it but the trailer certainly looked 'interesting'. (That aside, me thinks they are barmey going by the trailer )

Enjoy it when it is on. Would have thought it would have been hubby who was glued till it.
    They say life is what you make it. So guys, lets make it better!!

Default Ice truckers

I missed the last series but heared lots of people talking about it.
    I have been watching some of the loggers ones but find some of it a bit over dramtic but interesting.
    Looking forward to the truckers one though and thanks for the heads up.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

While the first Ice Truckers was of some interest I have to wonder if I can sit through a second series.
    First series -
    Man gets in truck. Man drives truck across flat sheets of creaking ice. Man might have his truck breakdown or get stuck. Man delivers load. Man goes back for another load. Man gets in truck....

Second series -
    Man gets in truck. Man drives truck across flat sheets of creaking ice. Man might have his truck breakdown or get stuck. Man delivers load. Man goes back for another load. Now Woman gets in truck....

I loved this programme and will be watching the new series.

Much preferred the home produced programme "Trawlermen" , after watching this excellent programme I now understand why the price of a Fish Supper costs nearly a £5'er
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

I agree with Golach I much prefer to watch British programs featuring some of our own unsung hero Trawlermen certainly make you appreciate what they have to go through to get your fish.
    Live and let live
    Life is too short

I've found 'Trawlermen' such an eye opener - I feel quite ashamed at how ignorant I was before I started watching this series.

Missed last night's episode but will catch up with it on iPlayer.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Manners View Post
    I agree with Golach I much prefer to watch British programs featuring some of our own unsung hero Trawlermen certainly make you appreciate what they have to go through to get your fish.
    missed last nights episode too. it was very interesting and also gave an insight into the foolishness of the eec regulations
    half of that cod are drowned anyway tony

Quote Originally Posted by gofor View Post
    ice road truckers are back. can't wait , 23rd october at 9pm. hubby is groaning already as i have set it up on series link on sky
    They are on the northern ice roads this time (across the artic ocean) and there are only 4 from the last season in it.
    The blood splatter serial killer also started again on Sunday night in America and we get the new chapter of Peter Petrelli and friends tomorrow night.
    If all is not lost, where is it?