Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: sponsored parachute jumps - not done!

Default sponsored parachute jumps - not done!

does anyone know how you can find out if a sponsored parachute jump has been done or not, other than actually asking the person supposedly doing the jump?

I have sponsored a couple of people and have doubts as to whether either has actually completed their jump yet even though it is nearly a year ago for both of them.

What happens to their money if they don't do it - can they just pocket it?

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    does anyone know how you can find out if a sponsored parachute jump has been done or not, other than actually asking the person supposedly doing the jump?

I have sponsored a couple of people and have doubts as to whether either has actually completed their jump yet even though it is nearly a year ago for both of them.

What happens to their money if they don't do it - can they just pocket it?

Im not really sure did the person represent a company or anything.

Did you ask on here before about this by any chance.

no not asked before and not sure about them representing any companies

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    no not asked before and not sure about them representing any companies

If it was me it try googling the jump like the date and place it was supposed to be at and see what that brings up. If that fails i think its your right to go up and ask the person its your money that you handed over.

Ask this man.

From heaven he was sent to save the soldiers.
    Last edited by Melancholy Man; 28-Sep-08 at 23:58.

With these parachute jumps you should ask if all the money raised is going to charity or if the first £60 or whatever is going to funding the training and jump.The jump organisers should give a certificate if the jump has been completed.

My sister did one (for semi chem) she had to pay the entry fee herself and make her own way to the jump site.

It got cancelled 4 times and she finally got the chance to do it the fifth!

Pretty sure she got a certificate saying she did it etc.

So you could always ask the person to see their certificate!

It was me who asked the last time. and I have still not heard if the person I sponsored has done their jump either. Not very impressed either

Have you asked them?

I wouldn't know how to get in touch with one of them as they have now left where they used to work
    Last edited by dragonfly; 29-Sep-08 at 11:55. Reason: removing he/she and replacing with they

Just Outside The Gateway To Hell 3rd House On The Left

If its the person that I'm thinking about then there was a few people that wes pretty confident that the said jump in question didn't take place (weather conditions i think)

No idea what happened to the money i would presume that it would have been donated to the said charity anyway i know its not the point but it was only a couple of quid i put in so i wasn't to fussed about it
    Give a child a hammer and the whole world becomes a nail

Quote Originally Posted by Bradcon View Post
    It was me who asked the last time. and I have still not heard if the person I sponsored has done their jump either. Not very impressed either
    I thought i was going mad i was sure it had been mentioned before. If i was you even if it was just a couple of pounds id follow it up for the principle of it.

Just an update on a sponsored parachute jump in aid of the Scottish SPCA.... The centre received a cheque today of £300 by Miss Oag who is yet to do the jump. It hasn't been the weather in Fife to do it so they are happy for her to hand the cheque over and complete the jump in better weather.