Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something you wanted but never got!

Default Something you wanted but never got!

When i was a bairn i always wanted a dolls house or a barbie, i did get a big doll with red hair from santa, i didna like it so i took my sister's long dark haired doll, i ran through to mum and dad very excited to show them how santa was so good to me, all i got was "put it back thats your sisters" lol
    A few years back i asked my hubby if i could write out a xmas list, on it was a chainsaw. lol
    Is there any pressies you got as a bairn you wanted and never got, or something you got and would not be seen with.

I wanted a horse, never found one of those in my stocking.

I think one of the worst things I got was when Fame was on telly and I desperately NEEDED a pair of leg wamers like they wore on the show. I got legwarmers alright, hideous stripey things that ended up at the back of the drawer. I'd have never lived it down if I'd worn them out.
    Currently reading:- The tea leaves

I always wanted a pink baby g watch asked santa every year and never got one.

A clarinet.
    Mind you, I'd never have mastered it.
    I would stare through the window of Mammelox music shop in Manchester
    and mither my Dad. They were twenty quid apiece back then - - no chance....he knew me better than I did.

Highland rose Guest

I always wanted a big dolls house but never got it.

I always wanted Joanna Lumley.

i have been trying to think of something, but for the life of me nothing springs to mind, the only thing i wanted when i was little, and it has nothing to do with xmas, was one of those sweet dispensar things you knopw the ones with the animals head and the retangle shape sweet pops out when you lift the head up that to be honest is it. must have been on eof the lucky ones eh lol.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

A baby chimpanzee . I longed for a chimpanzee!

My parents (knowing the impossibility of this request) dreamt up things to dissuade me.... "You'll have to rub talcum powder on its bottom," is the one that came nearest to putting me off.

Needless to say, I didn't get one. Instead I got a 'baby' doll, which I didn't want and never played with. It was given (in pristine condition) to a local children's hospital a few years later, so I suppose some good came from my disappointment .

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    i have been trying to think of something, but for the life of me nothing springs to mind, the only thing i wanted when i was little, and it has nothing to do with xmas, was one of those sweet dispensar things you knopw the ones with the animals head and the retangle shape sweet pops out when you lift the head up that to be honest is it. must have been on eof the lucky ones eh lol.
    A Pez dispenser.
    There are two rules for success:
    1. Never tell people everything you know

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    one of those sweet dispenser things you know the ones with the animals head and the retangle shape sweet pops out when you lift the head up that to be honest is it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    A Pez dispenser.
    They sell the dispenser and refills for them in Tesco
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Default Chainsaw

I bought the wife a chainsaw for her birthday many years ago. She was delighted with it and kept it in good order for about 18 years then my son had a shot at it for the weekend ...../ Enough said.
    I have always wanted a piller drill and Lidle had them on offer a few weeks back and sold out within hours of them being deliverd.
    Next time perhaps.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

I have always wanted an American Cheerleader...sadly it's not to be...[sniff]

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    I have always wanted an American Cheerleader...sadly it's not to be...[sniff]
    American? What is wrong with a cheerleader from another country....best be careful in case someone takes offense

I can't say that I have ever "wanted" anything. I have always been pleased with any well thought out present I have received.

American? What is wrong with a cheerleader from another country....best be careful in case someone takes offense
    I have it from a reliable source that foreign cheerleaders other than those from America smell kinda funny

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    When i was a bairn i always wanted a dolls house or a barbie, i did get a big doll with red hair from santa, i didna like it so i took my sister's long dark haired doll, i ran through to mum and dad very excited to show them how santa was so good to me, all i got was "put it back thats your sisters" lol
    A few years back i asked my hubby if i could write out a xmas list, on it was a chainsaw. lol
    Is there any pressies you got as a bairn you wanted and never got, or something you got and would not be seen with.

Intellect
    my first choice and a new raleigh bike my 2nd my parents could not afford latter but spent many a happy year on my 2nd choice seconhand bike

My granny from caithness sent me a white gypsy blouse for xmas all embroidered omg I never wore it so embarressed by it hid it in a drawer
    Its nice to be nice

Quote Originally Posted by helenwyler View Post
    A baby chimpanzee . I longed for a chimpanzee!

My parents (knowing the impossibility of this request) dreamt up things to dissuade me.... "You'll have to rub talcum powder on its bottom," is the one that came nearest to putting me off.

Well, Helen. If you still want to monkey around - you can rub talc on my bottom anytime...

I can't say that I have ever "wanted" anything. I have always been pleased with any well thought out present I have received.
    You just send them back anyways! <ducks>
    Last edited by rockchick; 28-Sep-08 at 23:28.
    Rockchick

Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so (Douglas Adams)

Quote Originally Posted by northener View Post
    Well, Helen. If you still want to monkey around - you can rub talc on my bottom anytime...
    LOL!

Send me a photo. It would have to be strictly during the crepuscular hours though.

Quote Originally Posted by helenwyler View Post
    LOL!

Send me a photo. It would have to be strictly during the crepuscular hours though.
    just...got to...stand...dammit...on the chair and take the...photie..at..the bloodyhellthisis harder than it looks...same ti--aaaargh!

That's the trouble with being crepuscular - you have to do everything in the dark..........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast