Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Caithness Accent on Britains Youngest Grannies

Default Caithness Accent on Britains Youngest Grannies

Any one watching? loon on it called tich who's 19 - sounds like he;s from caithness.....channel 2 - either that or irish - it's hard to tell in amoungst Geordie types.....

was there not someone originally from caithness on it before, but she lives away now.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Default hey

No this is a lad - who is the father of the grandchild....he;s 19.

Quote Originally Posted by KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN View Post
    No this is a lad - who is the father of the grandchild....he;s 19.
    no i was just saying that someone from caithness was on it before. havent got a clue who she was as i didnt watch it was told, by my sister.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN View Post
    Any one watching? loon on it called tich who's 19 - sounds like he;s from caithness.....channel 2 - either that or irish - it's hard to tell in amoungst Geordie types.....
    There is nothing Caithnessian about the Geordie accent i.m.o. Besides that, there is more than one Caithnessian accent.

Default Caithness Youngest Granny!

There was a woman I had a conversation with in the Wick Hospital about a while ago who claimed to be one of Britains youngest grannies. She reckoned that this was common knowledge. I confessed that I was not aware of this at the time. No idea what her name was, sorry!
    Spring has sprung, the grass is ris', I wonder where the birdies is, the birdies is on d' wing, now thats absurd, everyone knows d' wing is on d' bird

Quote Originally Posted by mccaugm View Post
    There was a woman I had a conversation with in the Wick Hospital about a while ago who claimed to be one of Britains youngest grannies. She reckoned that this was common knowledge. I confessed that I was not aware of this at the time. No idea what her name was, sorry!
    if she was from wick think i know who she is well her last name anyway.

The distinction of being Britain's youngest Granny. What an accolade.

Quote Originally Posted by TBH View Post
    The distinction of being Britain's youngest Granny. What an accolade.
    aye what an thing to brag about, not sometihng i would be doing if it was me.

i ken one o' 'e youngest granys but far too scared til say her name....

she's prity tough an mite stick it on me
    Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
    Blessed Be...

Quote Originally Posted by trix View Post
    i ken one o' 'e youngest granys but far too scared til say her name....

she's prity tough an mite stick it on me
    think that might be the sameone i am thinking about, wouldnt like to cross her to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    think that might be the sameone i am thinking about, wouldnt like to cross her to be honest.
    laughin ma ass off
    Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
    Blessed Be...

Comment from a friend of mine whilst visiting Wick last year:

"I've never seen as many young girls pushing prams"............

Quote Originally Posted by northener View Post

in fear of getting my head chewed of here, it is one way to get a council house, they go about things the wrong way now.

I take it your friend has never set foot in Dundee yet then???

Q.What do you call a 12 year old with a pram in Dundee?

A.Mum

Wick's teenagers are doing their utmost to address the declining population of Scotland. For that they should be applauded.

in a square thing made of bricks. Oh, it's called a house! lol

Why would anyone want to brag about being Britains youngest granny? personally I'd be appalled!! My oldest child (a boy) has been warned if he gets his girlfriend pregnant, he better put some trainers on and make a super-hasty exit before I get my hands on him! At 37, I certainly don't want to be a granny! I was 21 when I had my first child, and by 22/23 felt that 21 was too young to start a family!! But, in today's society, it seems to be true little girls are having babies - simply to get a council house and some DSS benefits. I dread my daughter becoming a teenager!

But some people have very strange ideas about what to be proud of. I was stood in a queue in the post office today, and a young couple came in and stood behind my partner and I. We overheard (as did rest of post office!) a bragging match between the two, who began by saying they had just been for their 'meths'. The male said it was warm, the female said she was sweating like a pig. The male said yeah, must be coz of the meths, he's on 20mls you know! She followed it up with, yeah, but I'm on 50mls I am!!! Why is this someting to be proud of? And to finish the conversation off, they compared what other drugs they had just consumed as soon as they had been given their 'meths'. It's shocking what people of today's society will openly brag about. What happened to morals and shame?

How young was Britain's youngest granny then?

----------------------------

Little girl says to her mummy, 'mummy why are your hands so soft, is it because you use fairy liquid'?

Mummy says, 'no, it's because I'm 12'
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

The lad in question is Richard Tait and he is from Wick, there is another Wicker there aswell, Donnie Mackay, he can be seen sitting on a couch but doesn't speak, they both now live in Runcorn with their girlfriends (who are sisters) and bairns, that program was recorded early on in the year and was first shown on BBC 3 about 6 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    if she was from wick think i know who she is well her last name anyway.
    The grannie in this program is not from Wick.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast