Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Dyson help

Default Dyson help

Not a recommendation as such but I have a Dyson DC07, the yellow/silver one. I have had it for 18 months and can't get the top off to get into the filters. Looks easy enough as the catch is on the front but I just can't get it apart. Does anyone have any tips on how to open it?
    Thanks.

Default dyson help

Open the dust box at the bottm first...his removes the vacum makes it easier if this fails phone dyson helpline!

Red face

Had the same problem myself. Fought with it for months until my daughter suggested I open the bottom first. Needless to say it just almost fell open then!!

That worked a treat. Thanks very much.

Now I know that this will sound like a real stupid question and just goes to show that I should keep the instruction manuals but on my old dyson there was a wee sponge thing that you could wash out. On the new one with the funny shaped top I dont think there is. Can you keep me right?
    Cheers.

Default sponge thing?

LOL not just me then! yes there is a sponge filter thing on far left at bottom it can be washed under cool tap as can yellow filter housing bit that it sits in!