Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Paralympics 2008

Default Paralympics 2008

Team GB is 2nd in the medal table behind China, I think that says a lot about what our little country stands for. Anybody been following it?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Haven't missed a bit it is fantastic and puts me to shame. It is such a shame you can only get it on the red button or the highlights at 1900hrs. GO team GB is al I can say
    Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe.

Einstein

Makes me feel really humble at what these sportsmen and women achieve they are quite amazing.

Why don't they get as much tv coverage as the able bodied Team GB?

IMO they should get more because of the pure physical and mental determination they put into it.

Come on many more medals please.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

Yes the coverage has been fairly poor which is a shame.
    Even if we find the light it will be surround by shadow.

Its a shame it hasn't recieved more coverage because they have done exceptionally well. All credit to them not only do they have their own disability to cope with the have a demanding training schedule to cope with.
    I hope that the country welcomes them back in style just the same as their ablebodied counterparts.
    Live and let live
    Life is too short

Quote Originally Posted by LIZZ View Post
    Makes me feel really humble at what these sportsmen and women achieve they are quite amazing.
    So true Lizz, I feel the same. I won't complain about a stiff neck or sore knee again when I'm bowling.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

Team GB are doing a fantastic job, such a shame the tv coverage is so poor.

It should be getting as much coverage as the "other" Olympics. Haven't managed to read the full story yet but there was an item on tv news this morning about a rider who was given up for dead as a baby and controls his horse with his lips. The determination of these athletes is incredible.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Default Paralympics

The guts and determination of these athletes is mind blowing. I have been moved to tears many times this week by the sheer "balls" of these men and women. There should have been more media coverage - how many times has it been mentioned on the news this week about the number of medals they have won?