Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cancer Research UK Relay For Life Caithness

Default Cancer Research UK Relay For Life Caithness

The Cancer Research UK Relay For Life is an overnight team event in support of those living with cancer and in memory of those who we've lost through it.

The event is to be held in Caithness for the first time this year. It will take place at Sir George's Park (The Dammies) in Thurso on 30/31 August and will last for 12 hours (6pm - 6am).

Teams of 8-15 people take turns around a track, with a minimum of one person per team on the track at all times. You can walk, run, crawl, hop, skip or jump your way around. It is not a race, it's not about distance, it's about supporting those for whom cancer does not sleep. Teams are asked to fundraise both prior to the event and on the night in whatever way they choose. Registration is £10 per team member and each person will receive a Relay For Life team member t-shirt. Bring a tent, but we don't think you'll want to sleep as there will be games throughout the night.

The guests of honour at the relay are always our survivors, those who have lived with, and are living with, cancer. The survivors walk the first lap which is followed by a reception. Each registered survivor will also receive a special t-shirt. (There is no charge for this). This is their opportunity to celebrate life and ours to honour them.

A very important part of the event is the 'Candle of Hope' ceremony. This takes place as darkness falls. Candle bags which have been dedicated to those lost and in thanks for those still with us, are lit around the track. These bags are plain white for your dedications and decoration and can be purchased for £5.

There will be lots of entertainment going on, live bands, stalls etc. A programme will be available in the coming weeks.

If you would like any further information, to register a team or register as a survivor please check out our web page at http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/relay/venues/caithness/. We also welcome any offers of help in the lead up to, and on the day itself.

Thank you.
    Last edited by RelayForLife; 22-Apr-08 at 19:01.

What a wonderful idea. Hope it is a good night for all weather wise and that lots of fund raising is done. We all have enough advance warning so should be able to plan ahead.
    Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Default cancer relay

Hi, if you need any help my husband and myself will be glad to assist in any way.

Maybe we could have an org team......or two?

Default Relay for Life

This sounds like a great event. Why not get together with your friends and register your team.

Our web page is now up and running and shows the contact details for survivors, teams and volunteers. Please check it out at http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/relay/venues/caithness/
    Last edited by RelayForLife; 23-Apr-08 at 18:03. Reason: Update

Register your team online today!

Default Relay for Life

Hi Everyone, come on get a team together and help raise money for this great cause.

Default Relay for Life

I wholeheartedly agree.

Anyone who would like to start a team please get in touch with me.

I'd love to see an Org team at our event. It's easy to register, you can do it all online.

Remember, the sooner you register your team, the more time you have for fundraising!

Teams are now beginning to register so come and join in.

We'll be arranging team captain get togethers to share ideas and co-ordinate fundraising.

This is going to be a great event for all.

Default Raising money for Cancer Research UK

Hi everyone

I am getting together a team for the Cancer Research Uk Caithness Relay for Life. This is taking place in Thurso on 30th August 2008. I personally appreciate the research that this charity does into finding a cure for cancer and also research into the treatment and the side effect management. I have had surgery, chemotherapy and radiotherapy and would like to do my bit to raise money to ensure this vital research can continue. If anyone would like to make a donation then please PM me. Every donation will be very much appreciated. Thank you in anticipation.

Just a quick update....

4 teams have registered online and 15 packs have been given out.

Remember we're also looking for survivors to register to take part in the first lap and be our guests of honour.

Thanks to all

Further update.....

We'll hopefully be having launch events in both Wick and Thurso within the next few weeks. Dates are being confirmed.

Focus will be on ways to relax.....

Thumbs up Cancer Research Relay for Life

There is going to be launch nights in June to promote the Caithness Relay for Life in August, the nights are going to be themed on
    Health, Beauty and Relaxation and there is going to be a selection of folk there offering their services.

The Thurso Launch is going to be on Thursday 5th June in the Pentalnd Hotel and the Wick one on Friday 13th June in the Waterfront.

It should be good nights and you should come along, times have yet to be confirmed but keep an eye out for posters or in the whats on slot on the org.

I don't think there will be an entrance fee but there will be a silver collection, bearing in mind that the beauticians etc are giving their services for free.

So come along and support the fight against Cancer.

Smile

Hi

Just an Update on the launch nights

The Thurso one is on the 5th June at 7.30pm in the Pentalnd Hotel, there will be a silver collection at the door, there is a number of local beauticians coming along, to do demonstrations. There will also be information available about the event, so if you are planning on entering a team for the relay come along to the launch night for more information.

The Wick night is on the same theme and is on the 13th June at 7.30pm in the Waterfront.

Come along it should be a good night.

Please do come along to our launch nights in Thurso or Wick and find out more about this great event.

Team packs are now available so there's no excuse for not registering your team. Some teams have already started their fundraising!

We will also be doing a bag pack in the Thurso Co-op tomorrow (Friday) and Saturday and will be selling 'Candle of Hope' bags at the Halkirk gala charity night on Thursday 12th June.

Smile

A big thank you to all the helpers and customers during the bag packs in Thurso Co-op on Friday and Saturday.

An excellent amount was raised to help us on our way with the Relay For Life Caithness.

Thanks also to the Co-op themselves for their assistance.

Default Launch Night

Hi everyone

Just a quick reminder about the Cancer Research Uk Caithness Relay for Life Launch Nights. The team packs have arrived so why not come along and pick it up and enjoy our evenings of health and beauty and fun. If you want to know more about this fantastic event then please come along to The Pentland Hotel, Thurso on Thursday 5th June at 7.30pm or The Waterfront, Wick on Friday 13th June at 7.30pm. Enjoy a complimentary drink and nibbles and meet others who are taking part in the Relay. Together we can beat cancer.

Default Launch Night

Hi everyone

This should be a good night with Indian Head Massage, Yoga, Skin Care, Reiki, Colour Analysis, Health and Beauty.

Silver Collection at door and Raffle.

See you all there

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast