Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pulling threads

Default Pulling threads

No I am not on about catching your jumper on a nail!!.
    I can see the point in pulling threads when it gets heated or downright nasty, but whats wrong with a bit of banter? Why cant we have a football section that maybe has a warning that if you are of a nervous disposition shouldnt enter! As a community site why cant we have it, as long as it doesnt get into petty name calling,slagging etc.
    The thread that was pulled mentioned a banner, I responded with the meaning of the banner, no malice etc but now that the thread has gone people wont get the full picture(pardon the pun).
    As there is an infraction system then use it on a football thread if it gets too heated etc, arent we all adults(I know kids come on too but couldnt we have an under 18 bar on adult topics,seeing as its OK to read about paedos etc,but not footie)

At least they not hitting each other. Games such as the old firm are highly emotive but then is it any more emotive or dangerous than a peom or a piece of music which once read or heard could start the person reflecting on their life and all the isues around their life, it could lead to divorce, suicide or murder. And yet we allow litrature, how often do threads touch a nerve, bring that lump to our throats or a tear to our eye.
    Surely that is the whole point of a forum.
    Even if we find the light it will be surround by shadow.

These football threads usually end up as a slanging match between fans of the 'Old Firm.
    A football sub-forum would be okay in theory but the moderators would never be done removing offending posts.

Quote Originally Posted by TBH View Post
    These football threads usually end up as a slanging match between fans of the 'Old Firm.
    A football sub-forum would be okay in theory but the moderators would never be done removing offending posts.
    Agree with you partially.
    But isnt that the job of the mods to remove offensive posts on EVERY thread not just football ones.I have seen more heated debates on hear about non-football subjects that are alot worse than what was on the football thread, but they are allowed to stand, why? It seems rather unfair that you can talk about murders, paedophiles,violence etc but not football!!

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod4 View Post
    Agree with you partially.
    But isnt that the job of the mods to remove offensive posts on EVERY thread not just football ones.I have seen more heated debates on hear about non-football subjects that are alot worse than what was on the football thread, but they are allowed to stand, why? It seems rather unfair that you can talk about murders, paedophiles,violence etc but not football!!
    I agree Hotrod 4. There's a bit of a slanging match going on in the thread about an owld boat,(must admit, it's quite funny), but that doesn't appear to be regulated.

I agree if it does get a bit heated them maybe it is for the best to close it but nothing beats good humorous banter. On the subject of threads i posted comments on a few and the whole thread completly disappeared and it wasnt a headed debte. One was the ford topic.

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    I agree Hotrod 4. There's a bit of a slanging match going on in the thread about an owld boat,(must admit, it's quite funny), but that doesn't appear to be regulated.
    Well the thread like the boat now seems to have sunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Venture View Post
    Well the thread like the boat now seems to have sunk.
    Aye, it's not only the boat that was scuppered!

Pity, I was starting to enjoy myself on that one.........

where as the boat thread gone,was it pulled out to sea,or towed out,

Default cruise ship

sad to see the boat thread sink!!

rumour had it that the boat has been funded by the lottery and the rebuild is at the haven!!!

worth a look i say!!!

I cant see the problem if the thread is "friendly banter" and doesnt descend into name calling etc.Its very easy to get a heated debate going on here, just mention the "w" word and all hell breaks loose .
    Football supporters are well known for banter and having a wee joke with your nemesis, its quite easy to distinguish between friendly rivalry and downright nastiness, cant see why theres not a section for it, after all it would keep the General section free for all the general posts and keep the wifies happy!!

Quote Originally Posted by telfordstar View Post
    I agree if it does get a bit heated them maybe it is for the best to close it but nothing beats good humorous banter. On the subject of threads i posted comments on a few and the whole thread completly disappeared and it wasnt a headed debte. One was the ford topic.
    Maybe it was the wrong kind of "ford" maybe the mods thought you were having a go at the scandinavians "fjord"

I cant see the problem if the thread is "friendly banter" and doesnt descend into name calling etc.Its very easy to get a heated debate going on here, just mention the "w" word and all hell breaks loose .
    Football supporters are well known for banter and having a wee joke with your nemesis, its quite easy to distinguish between friendly rivalry and downright nastiness, cant see why theres not a section for it, after all it would keep the General section free for all the general posts and keep the wifies happy!!
    Stop bringin me into yer slanging matches - I care not a jot if you wish to discuss the beautiful game! I am a wifie who used to love watchin footie - but my OH is so into it I am bored to death wi it and it's money and posers! Mind you he is just into the footie not all the garbage that comes with it. In fact we were at a wedding at the weekend and there was very friendly banter between all the football lovers - that is the way it should be! Why can't it be so for everyone. Have to say a footie section might be good but I think it would have to be moderated by a non-biased footie loving person if there is such a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by wifie View Post
    Stop bringin me into yer slanging matches - I care not a jot if you wish to discuss the beautiful game! I am a wifie who used to love watchin footie - but my OH is so into it I am bored to death wi it and it's money and posers! Mind you he is just into the footie not all the garbage that comes with it. In fact we were at a wedding at the weekend and there was very friendly banter between all the football lovers - that is the way it should be! Why can't it be so for everyone. Have to say a footie section might be good but I think it would have to be moderated by a non-biased footie loving person if there is such a thing!
    Looks like the jobs all yours wifie
    It wasnt till I posted that I thought oh oh I've posted the word "wifie" please accept my most humble apologies from a miserable user.

Looks like the jobs all yours wifie
    It wasnt till I posted that I thought oh oh I've posted the word "wifie" please accept my most humble apologies from a miserable user.
    Blimey not a chance hotrod - I am not gonna try and keep you lot in order! Do I look that daft? Glad tho that you realise you can be a miserable owld ........ oh sorry user - misread that bit!

Quote Originally Posted by wifie View Post
    Blimey not a chance hotrod - I am not gonna try and keep you lot in order! Do I look that daft? Glad tho that you realise you can be a miserable owld ........ oh sorry user - misread that bit!
    Thats a pity,thought you'd keep us all in order and up to scratch,still I am sure there are plenty out there who would love to weild the big stick!

Default threads pulled

Well the Cruise ship must have been one of the best viewed in a long time and it was only light hearted banter, nought to get in a ravel about. What a shame as the story was getting bigger and better all the time.

Was lovely to hear about the yellow wellies and Korky. However, someone somewhere has obviously taken umbrage, I wonder who?.

So that's it end of the saga. we wll now have to get the excitement of the football and I don't ken a thing about it.

router Guest

but there is a forum for sport and stuff
    http://forum.caithness.org/forumdisplay.php?f=80

No I am not on about catching your jumper on a nail!!.
    I can see the point in pulling threads when it gets heated or downright nasty, but whats wrong with a bit of banter? Why cant we have a football section that maybe has a warning that if you are of a nervous disposition shouldnt enter! As a community site why cant we have it, as long as it doesnt get into petty name calling,slagging etc.
    The thread that was pulled mentioned a banner, I responded with the meaning of the banner, no malice etc but now that the thread has gone people wont get the full picture(pardon the pun).
    As there is an infraction system then use it on a football thread if it gets too heated etc, arent we all adults(I know kids come on too but couldnt we have an under 18 bar on adult topics,seeing as its OK to read about paedos etc,but not footie)
    I think you were partly responsible yourself for having the thread closed. Football, other than about Caithness teams is supposed to have been banned for a while now. There was an amnesty of sorts for the 2006 World Cup, and this continued into this year's European Championships.

Each and every time there is a problem with football on the org it is because of Celtic/Rangers rivalry. You admitted yourself to singing bigoted songs at matches and offered up the usual excuse about "banter"

This is not your forum, it is up to the owners to place control over the forum into the hands of moderators. Moderators decide what is acceptable. I am fed up with people who point the finger at others being the problem, when they, themselves, are willing to indulge in the singing of songs which are known to incite tension and violence. If it is classed as merely "banter" where you normally hang out, then simply go there and do your "thing" there. Don't expect it to be tolerated where a more adult and constructive input is expected.

I was briefly on an online football forum yesterday. The subject was the Old Firm game. Not only was the language foul, the comments were childish and monotonous. What ended it for me was users on each side accusing one another of being "Baby Eaters". Oh what glorious banter!!

Football on the org has to stay away from the Old Firm or face censure. Normally OK users such as yourself and Scotsboy cannot seem to resist getting a dig in at "The Keltic" and Pepsichallenge always seems to fire back from the opposite end.

Finally, "Aren't we all adults?"

No, I don't think we are on certain topics!!

Quote Originally Posted by scorrie View Post
    I think you were partly responsible yourself for having the thread closed. Football, other than about Caithness teams is supposed to have been banned for a while now. There was an amnesty of sorts for the 2006 World Cup, and this continued into this year's European Championships.

Each and every time there is a problem with football on the org it is because of Celtic/Rangers rivalry. You admitted yourself to singing bigoted songs at matches and offered up the usual excuse about "banter"

This is not your forum, it is up to the owners to place control over the forum into the hands of moderators. Moderators decide what is acceptable. I am fed up with people who point the finger at others being the problem, when they, themselves, are willing to indulge in the singing of songs which are known to incite tension and violence. If it is classed as merely "banter" where you normally hang out, then simply go there and do your "thing" there. Don't expect it to be tolerated where a more adult and constructive input is expected.

I was briefly on an online football forum yesterday. The subject was the Old Firm game. Not only was the language foul, the comments were childish and monotonous. What ended it for me was users on each side accusing one another of being "Baby Eaters". Oh what glorious banter!!

Football on the org has to stay away from the Old Firm or face censure. Normally OK users such as yourself and Scotsboy cannot seem to resist getting a dig in at "The Keltic" and Pepsichallenge always seems to fire back from the opposite end.

Finally, "Aren't we all adults?"

No, I don't think we are on certain topics!!
    Suburban subversive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast