Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this man for real??

Default Is this man for real??

Boris Johnson at his worst, what the heck can the World think the Londoners are like , if he is an example?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7580165.stm
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Maybe by 2012 comedy will be an Olympic sport then Britain will win a gold. This guy is brilliant!
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Sorry to disagree I thought he was a Star jacket undone or whatever the only man there to sort the olympic flag when the Mayor of Bejing accepted it is was shocking all curled up then the OIC president handed it to Boris he unfurled it properly and waved it like it should be

At the handover party live on sky news he was in indeed the star er that be apart from our rather odd PM

Alex Ferguson eh team GB football team all very exclusive of course not !!! a well done team managed performance

And the ping pong bring back to G B was Hilarious be it waff waff !!!

we are a very diverse and eccentric nation so why not have one of our own on the world stage ie eccentric
    Last edited by Anne x; 24-Aug-08 at 23:25.
    Its nice to be nice

Boris he was brilliant.
    Even if we find the light it will be surround by shadow.

Yep have to say I quite like Boris too!

Not as funny as this chap.

Boris for Prime Minister.... he is dead pure brilliant!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by teenybash View Post
    Boris for Prime Minister.... he is dead pure brilliant!!!!!

I was thinking exactly the same thing myself. He would certainly cheer the nation up. I'll bet if he was Tory party leader their poll ratings would get a boost.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

I think he's just what politics needs. I too thought he was brilliant.

Default Politician

If I had to be locked in a room with a politician with a view to having to listen to him give me a sales pitch, Boris would be my man.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Well, its currently 10 - 1 against you golach. Maybe you need to get out a bit more.

Fantastic stuff:- "Ping Pong's coming home, it's coming home, it's coming home"

Gordon Campbell, without the vital lack of the minimum 10% sanity rating.

Gordon Brown was like your boring old fart of a Granda by comparison. Predictable stuff and it has little relevance, as he will be signing the sausage by 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by DeHaviLand View Post
    Well, its currently 10 - 1 against you golach. Maybe you need to get out a bit more.
    Cheap shot, I was not on a point scoring exercise, just asking an opinion, and stating mine, who cares what the final result is as long as it creates debate.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Default Cheeky boy

I like that Lembit Opek as well, (proberbly spelt wrong ). Most of us have been brought up to follow our parents politics and mine ,as an ex coal miner was labour.
    As I have got older I seem to care not what party is saying what ,but who is interesting and captivating when they speak regardless of there party.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

shame about the picture behind him.
    Even if we find the light it will be surround by shadow.

I have to say I quite like Boris Johnson, however i thought he looked totally out of place at the olympic closing ceremony - his suit looked like it didn't fit and to walk down the red carpet with his hands in his pockets was ridiculous.

Actually i thought the whole 8 minutes of selling London 2012 was pretty naff - Leona Lewis murdered her song, the frock was silly, the sound quality was terrible and you could barely see Beckham as he was wearing black. Jimmy Page was excellent tho!

Let's hope they get it better for the actual event.

He is funny and not to be taken too seriously. Because of that I would be very worried at the possibility, however remote, of him becoming PM.
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing

As other's have said, Boris is the fresh air that politics need. If he was Tory leader I may even vote for them for first time ever.

However, what concerned me more is the use of hindley's,(small 'h' deliberate),image to promote Visit London.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7580261.stm

Don't want him for PM but he is hilarious!! Good to see someone just promoting the Olympics and not their own political brand.

Did anyone see him on that BBC programme, trace your family tree thingy? Can't remember the name of it (senior moment). He was really entertaining and is apparently related to half of European royalty: unsurprising given the state of his chin George the II was his great great great great great great great great great great grandad, or something. Not sure about the number of greats. Unofficially though. His response was really funny.

Couldn't stand him a few years ago but he seems to be improving with age. Let's hope the same goes for the rest of us, eh?
    I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left

Quote Originally Posted by _Ju_ View Post
    He is funny and not to be taken too seriously. Because of that I would be very worried at the possibility, however remote, of him becoming PM.
    Why not? He's a better clown than Flash Gordon.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast