Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Looking for logs for burning locally?

Question Looking for logs for burning locally?

I am currently looking or large logs for burning in my stove, and other than Dunnet (we had a load from there but it was really soggy) And we looked into a permit for Rumster but the wood was really all gone when we got there and where there was some you would need a tracked vehicle to get to it! So am now looking for an alternative souce...any clues and numbers? we are able to collect with tractor and trailer and can chop up/chainsaw at home, any help appriciated greatly!

If you find any let me know please.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Me too........................

Hi you could try EcoHeat they are a relitivly new company who manage a 500+ acre forrest at lyth they supply logs for wood burning stones.
    the man that runs it is called Paul Barrett We only have a mobile no for him 07742 102164
    Hope this helps
    Live and let live
    Life is too short

Thumbs down tony

Quote Originally Posted by teenybash View Post
    Me too........................
    there looking for them across two counties hope your lucky tony

router Guest

i can't even muster a few good logs for carving let alone burning,even the guys that tidy folks trees in their gardens have a customer for it all,like gold in these parts.

We get logs from the Forest at Lyth far better quality than Dunnet Pm me and I will give number, either collect or delivered and already split

Default logs

how much are they and could you give me number please

Smile logs

Hi all who like me search for the elusive logs in these parts...I called the log man in lyth and he so kindly got back to me and left a message so thought I would hand on info incase anyone wants some too....right price quoted was £25 per cubic metre plus 5%VAT these logs will be cut and split at this price and he quotes separately for delivery...daresay it depends where you are!