Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

View Poll Results: This years top Float in the Wick Gala was.........

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • T in the Park/Wicks Dry Train

3 2.36%
  • Pugwash Lane

6 4.72%
  • Peter Pan

4 3.15%
  • Mr Men

2 1.57%
  • Toy Box

10 7.87%
  • Dr Who

48 37.80%
  • Alice in Wonderland

6 4.72%
  • Kung Foo Panda

2 1.57%
  • Bower YF Wildwest

7 5.51%
  • Caithness Oil

4 3.15%
  • Circus

35 27.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gala Floats The Peoples Vote

Default Gala Floats The Peoples Vote

Which float do you orgers think was the best in this years Wick Gala?
    I think this is quite a hard choice as there were some great floats this year but I think alice in wonderland would be my choice.
    "The future ain't what it used to be"

Default Oops

I missed out the Caithness Oil one. Anyone know if I can edit the poll I may have missed others sorry.

SNOWDOG Guest

Wasnt there a circus float?

I thought the circus one was best.

The Dr Who was by far the best with the most effort. The Dalek on the back was amazing, though all the floats were good in their own way.
    Well done to all concerned

My top 3 were

1. the Dry train- didnt those girls rock the train!!!!

2. Doctor Who- the effort in that was brilliant, really good

3. The float asking where or who stole the Gala money- controversial but done in good humour. Not sure whos it was but all around me where wetting themselves - Well Done guys
    Cmey e Scorries

Anyone see ET???? He was part of the Aliens float... Class!!!
    Behold the turtle - he only ever gets anywhere by sticking his neck out...

So where did the circus go

Glad to see the circus has now been added, how can you do a pole when not everyone is included

ET was brilliant!

You didnt mention the Aliens float and the 2 daleks were part of that float, i thought they were very good and a lot of work had gone into that float
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

There is alot off work that goes into every float and everyone who contributed to the gala procession deserves to be applauded

I agree with itsmee2

i think all the floats were good but think whoever thought it was necessary till do a pole obviously thinks the winning float did not deserve the title of supreme float 2008 for wick gala.I am assuming the person in question was of the float which they feel should have won and i have a good idea as to which float that is.

At the end of the day it is for a bit of fun and to raise money for a good cause and people who take it this serious should not compete anymore and let everyone else enjoy the fun of the gala

All the floats were very good but in my opinion the circus stood out. It was very colourful and the people on it seemed to get into character pretty good. You might think that I am biased being from Castletown but its my opinion - if I thought another one was better I would say so. I thought that the Toy Box one was a very close second - it had loads of colour as well.

Thet were all very good, a lot of hard work from many people to make a fantastic parade for the town. It is a pity somebody had to come second. My favourite was the Dr Who float, but I guess I'm biased as I'm a big fan of Dr Who and the Daleks.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

Quote Originally Posted by june View Post
    I agree with itsmee2

i think all the floats were good but think whoever thought it was necessary till do a pole obviously thinks the winning float did not deserve the title of supreme float 2008 for wick gala.I am assuming the person in question was of the float which they feel should have won and i have a good idea as to which float that is.
    I also agree with itsmee2 I just thought this pole would be a bit o fun. I was not on any float missing those two floats from the pole was an honest mistake I took the list of float from another thread about the gala. can't believe I forgot the circus float I thought it was great and deserved the title of supreme.

I can't believe people are honestly gurnin because someone made a topic like this! I'm sure not everyone agrees with the judging as everyone's tastes are different!

There are some amount of munters on the org these days

Quote Originally Posted by june View Post
    I agree with itsmee2

At the end of the day it is for a bit of fun and to raise money for a good cause and people who take it this serious should not compete anymore and let everyone else enjoy the fun of the gala
    But isnt the judging done by a select few? wheras if you have a poll it shows public opinion as opposed to judges choice.
    And by the way I wasnt on a float!!
    Dr Who had more effort I thought personally as the dalek on the back showed, but they were all good and ALL deserve a mention and praise.

Quote Originally Posted by *Martin* View Post
    I can't believe people are honestly gurnin because someone made a topic like this! I'm sure not everyone agrees with the judging as everyone's tastes are different!

There are some amount of munters on the org these days
    I hope your not muntin at the munters martin!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod4 View Post
    I hope your not muntin at the munters martin!!! lol

That actually made me smile!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast