Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: New Shop

Anonymous Guest

Default New Shop

I hear a new shop has opened in the old Safeway/Presto/Liptons shop in the middle of Thurso, what like? Is it another of those cheap jonny two bob shops that seem to be all the rage? I hope not.

I heard it was gonna be selling cheap cosmetics and stuff so aye it is another cheap johnny shop by the sound of it.

Anonymous Guest

not opened yet then?

the new shop opened last friday 20th June @ 9am

Anonymous Guest

Were ye camped ootside Mr P, waiting for a bargain? What leks eh stuff then, good or trock?

there is very good bargans eg 4 cans of juice for 99p

Its a bit like superdrug

Anonymous Guest

I personally would have thought that Thurso had enough Chemists,but hopefully it will provide some welcome competition (sic). WHat do those who have been in reckon? A good addition or something we could do without?

Eve M Guest

Is it like Krackers in Wick then?

Anonymous Guest

there are a lot of krackers in Week Eve

It is a bit like crackers but you don't need to buy two or three things they are all priced singler but it is the same stuff more or less!!

Its what thurso needs i think its a really good shop!!

Default new shop

I have been in this new shop called Basix and was fairly impressed. They had cartons of Ribena for 10p. They sell loads of household items as well as toiletries. Well worth a visit and a much welcome addition to the town (in my opinion). At least it beats having the premises lying vacant.

Anonymous Guest

Good point it certainly looked a bit of a state the last time I saw it all boarded up.

Well... 'tis another shop to explore... before it goes out of business... if it goes out of business!

I was in crackers yesterday and the carrier bag i got said basix on it so it is the same company as basix in thurso!!

I would have thought that crackers just used any ol' plastic bags, no?

Krackers and Basix are run by the same company and by the looks of things, it wont be long before Krackers gets a face lift and changed to Basix.