Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help i have tooth-ache

Default Help i have tooth-ache

Where can i get an NHS dentist?

I've had tooth-ache for 2 days now and it is driving me mad!!

jjc Guest

I hear there's an NHS dentist taking on new patients in Glasgow... North of Inverness, you say??? Ummm, nope... no idea...

Sorry... I'm not sure that's helped much...

Linzy there is no NHS dentist in the highlands who is taking on patients. I have toothache too hon. If you phone the NHS Dental Helpline - number from a local dentist - they will give you an appointment for emergency treatment. This will be in Inverness though - fortunately i am down there this week anyways

its a terrible state of affairs if you ask me

Quote Originally Posted by squidge
    Linzy there is no NHS dentist in the highlands who is taking on patients.
    I wonder if there's an NHS dentist in Perth?

Quote Originally Posted by deacon blue

I wonder if there's an NHS dentist in Perth?
    There is just one place left so i suggest you leave quickly so as not to miss it

I was talking to a girl tonight and she goes to the dunbar hospital coz there is a dentist there now, but is that only for kids?

I think i will give them a phone and see how i get on!!

A girl in my work was saying that the dunbar will treat people if it's an emergency, dunno if it's just kids or not though.

Tried dabbing whisky on it??? ususally works for me - for a whilie anyway

P.S Or a hot water bottle sometimes soothes it

Default Re: Help i have tooth-ache

Quote Originally Posted by linzy222
    Where can i get an NHS dentist?

I've had tooth-ache for 2 days now and it is driving me mad!!

I'd recommend asking for an emergency appointment at any of the loacal dentists. They will probably sort it for you but it will cost. This happened to me a few years ago and it was £25 for a filling even though I was unemployed. Trouble is if you leave it, it may end up costing much more as it will require more work.

Good news i spoke to a nurse today and the dentist up in the dunbar does take adults so thats good to know but you have to phone the helpline!!

This is the number:0845 6442271

i dont have toothache any more

LOL nor do i

But it will come back no doubt thats why i put the number on here coz i won't lose it!!

Anonymous Guest

when I arived out here I made an appointment with the dentist, wow after the check up I was given a card with appointments to see - Dental hygenist,Perodontist, Dental Surgeon etc etc basically found out that my years of routine NHS dental treatment had been sub-standard and now enjoy the benefits of good dental treatment......and it is part of a company plan

The devil looks after his own KW14

Anonymous Guest

Very true Gleeber, very true THat'll be why a god fearing man like yourself is toothless

Anonymous Guest

Gleeber, care to explain the pardox in the fact that you believe in the Devil but not God Or have you just created this Devil in your mind to sort me out

FairyFi Guest

The best thing you can do for tooth ache is take an icecube and hold it on the area between your thumb and second finger (the kinda flabby bit of skin) on the opposite hand of the side of the pain in your tooth.
    For example if you have toothache in the right hand side of your mouth you put the ice cube on your left hand.
    Sounds crazy but it really does work,something to do with homopathyness. Dont laugh, just try it and see.

Fairy Fi! xx

Thanx fairyfi i will give it a try the next time i get toothache

But u r right it does sound crazy i'll let u know how i get on!!

Quote Originally Posted by FairyFi
    The best thing you can do for tooth ache is take an icecube and hold it on the area between your thumb and second finger (the kinda flabby bit of skin) on the opposite hand of the side of the pain in your tooth.
    Ice cube not required! This is a common acupressure treatment for toothache - just pinch the area so that the sensation is somewhere between pleasure and pain. The same technique works during dental treatment apparently.

FairyFi Guest

True, but the point of the ice cube is to numb the hand so it numbs the tooth! it does work better using an ice cube! so there :-P

Default It's acupressure!

If you say so!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast