Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Keiss/Reiss Beaches

Default Keiss/Reiss Beaches

Does anyone know if the beach is clear of oil now? Would like to take my dogs down there for a run and a sploosh but wasn't sure if the beach is ok yet.

Default All clear

Quote Originally Posted by neepnipper View Post
    Does anyone know if the beach is clear of oil now? Would like to take my dogs down there for a run and a sploosh but wasn't sure if the beach is ok yet.
    Yes ,Reiss beach has been clear for a while now , but we took a walk down to Keiss castle the other night and still some oil on the rocks .
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Just been down this evening, Neeps. As Kev says, a little bit of a stain on some of the shingle at HW mark, but fine overall.

N.

Went and had a look at Keiss beach, the sign is still up and I did a bit of a recce but wasn't happy about letting the dogs on there, quite a few splodges of oil on the rocks so we went to the beach in JOG and the dogs had a good sploosh and I had a paddle and got blue toes! Was really hot down there in the shelter of the sand dunes, very pleasant!

still oil splatters on the shore at Staxigoe Harbour too.
    Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

shoreline from north baths at wick out to the north point is still liberally coated with globules of the oil, hope they get it cleared up soon as I would hate if the otters got coated in it