Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: old co-op

Default old co-op

i here that the old coop across from richards petrol station is coming down.did any 1 else here that?

Think it coming down tomorrow Sat or Sunday

About time to its a eyesore
    LIVING DOWN IN SLEEPY VALLEY

do you know what is going on the land?

Quote Originally Posted by wings View Post
    do you know what is going on the land?
    I heard a rumour that Matalan had bought the land.

Thumbs up

well i did here it was gonna be an Anne Summers??

Ann Summers, please tell me you are joking! I can just see the kids walking by that everyday on the way to school.

Glad they are pulling it down, I saw a young boy on the roof of it last year, very worrying.
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Julia View Post
    Ann Summers, please tell me you are joking! I can just see the kids walking by that everyday on the way to school.

Glad they are pulling it down, I saw a young boy on the roof of it last year, very worrying.

no.. as far as i am aware its dead gen!,
    was passed on from a very reliable scource that works for Anne Summers in Aberdeen and has connections with wick..

I don't believe for a min it will be Ann Summers, that would be a dream......

It's definitely a Matalan as I have heard from a very good source in the Matalan planning department that it has bought the land.

Planning permission was granted a long time ago for the building to be made into oap flats. the fencing is around it as it is unsafe and bricks etc has been falling and hitting cars.
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

Quote Originally Posted by TBH View Post
    It's definitely a Matalan as I have heard from a very good source in the Matalan planning department that it has bought the land.

Matalan is going next to Tesco. Richards garage area is not big enough The council are building oap flats in Richards garage area.
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

Quote Originally Posted by Fran View Post
    Matalan is going next to Tesco. Richards garage area is not big enough The council are building oap flats in Richards garage area.
    No disrespect to you Fran but if you look at the area that building incorporates then it has great potential for a multi-story Matalan.

Quote Originally Posted by Fran View Post

Fran have you seen the planning permission for these OAP flats. At the February meeting of the Community Council the building was discussed then with someone from Pentland Housing who said they would not be developing that particular building. No mention was made that the council were doing it either. With councillors at the meeting I think some mention would have been made about it if it was going to happen.

I love the speculation and gossip you get on the forum, brightens up my day.

is it down yet?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by wings View Post
    is it down yet?
    "As we speak" so to speak. there was a big machine taking down the side wall as we passed just now.

They are takeing down the front wall tomorrow.

The Building is just about down now.
    It is not going to be Flats or any thing else at the moment .There is NO Planing permission on the site and it still belongs to the Richard Family

The old Pet Shop in Thurso is now gone also. Don't know what's going to replace it but at a guess I would say housing/flats as this seems to be the trend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast