Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inverness/new shops in Wick

Default inverness

is it me or is it not a good time to go to here as i went down on monday and came home with nowt.not even ma usual funny t shirt fae matalan.whats everyone else think?
    where to she go ?

i think its a hit or a miss sometimes the shops are awful.... depends what your looking for
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

wasnt looking for anything in particular,thought id get some new jeans or a console game,sadly nowt took ma fancy
    where to she go ?

I hate when that happens Then when you've no money you see loads that you want
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

Default Inverness/new shops in Wick

what new shops would people like in wick.for me i would like a jjb sport to give our 1 a run for its money.also ones i wouldnt like to see is more cafes of chippys
    where to she go ?

I'd like to see a decent clothes shop or a music shop.
    Smiling is infectious, You can catch it like the flu.
    Someone smiled at me today, And I started smiling too.

i went to inverness on friday & got loads of things, thats the first time ive managed to find anything i like in ages

I can never justify the cost of the fuel for a run to Inverness, but if I do get down there I tend to raid Primark for kids clothes. It'd be great to get a Primark or Matalan in Wick.
    Currently reading:- The tea leaves

I would like to see d i y shop,with reasonable prices ,as could shop all day in big d i y shops, dose that mean I am male or female??

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox57 View Post
    I would like to see d i y shop,with reasonable prices ,as could shop all day in big d i y shops, dose that mean I am male or female??
    Yep, B&Q would be good, I never used to shop in Homebase down south, too expensive. You'd think they'd do better as they're owned by the same people as Argos and some of the products are the same.
    I can spend hours wandering round a good DIY shop, looking at all the things I can't afford and I'm female (last time I checked) so I'd say it doesn't give any clues

I find I can buy nearly everything I want when I want at good prices simply by buying online. The major exception is bulky DIY materials. However Travis Perkins are pretty good for that sort of thing.

Certainly cheaper than a trip to Inverness - or even Wick!
    The box said, "Requires Windows XP or better"...

... so I installed Ubuntu!

we could do with a decent kids clothes shop in THURSO for a change all we have is M & co and the little(sorry nearly none) range of clothes we have in woolies.

lets have all the high street shop all the other towns have.. then we can all look the same.... then sometime in the future we will all start eating grass...

new independents is what we need....

Other than the novelty "day out" value or unless you can get a very cheap mode of transport to Inversnecky and back then travelling by car to the Highland capital to shop is always going to work out expensive for buying stuff.
    Round trip of 220miles at a conservative estimate of 25p a mile to run your banger = £55 + whatever you judge your precious time is worth x 4hours travelling.
    You are going to have to get some bargains to offset that initial additional cost to make your trip worth while on a financial basis.

I came back from inverness tonight and thought the shops were great....especially the pound shop, i couldn't beleive how they could sell things so cheaply.Peacocks is opening tomorrow and that looks a great shop, also there wre a lot of sales on. Cant wait to get back next week!!!
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

I hope anyone coming to Inverness for shopping makes sure their car is full to capacity.

Car sharing is the way I try to offset some of my carbon footprint, I always ask around and find someone to take the spare seats if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Boozeburglar View Post
    I hope anyone coming to Inverness for shopping makes sure their car is full to capacity.

Car sharing is the way I try to offset some of my carbon footprint, I always ask around and find someone to take the spare seats if possible.

If I fill up my car, it probably won't make it to Inverness

Just Outside The Gateway To Hell 3rd House On The Left

Quote Originally Posted by beelag2000 View Post
    Round trip of 220miles at a conservative estimate of 25p a mile to run your banger = £55 + whatever you judge your precious time is worth x 4hours travelling.
    Lol didnt know anyone with a space shuttle that makes a round trip to inverness !!!

My car is a 1.8 and i can quite easily do a run to inverness on £30 and thats normally with 3 or 4 in the car as well
    Give a child a hammer and the whole world becomes a nail

Quote Originally Posted by The Angel Of Death View Post
    Lol didnt know anyone with a space shuttle that makes a round trip to inverness !!!

My car is a 1.8 and i can quite easily do a run to inverness on £30 and thats normally with 3 or 4 in the car as well
    Depreciation? Wear, tear and maintenance associated with mileage covered?

Just Outside The Gateway To Hell 3rd House On The Left

Fair point but still i would only associate that sort of costs for a round trip to inverness (Fuel only) with a monster of a car engine size

Even when you take wear and tear into the equation i still wouldnt expect a cost of £55 (ish) for a trip to inverness and back in a normal car
    Give a child a hammer and the whole world becomes a nail

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast