Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: spangles

Default spangles

anybody remember spangles sweeties or cabana bar coconut and cherry anybody remember any other sweets you used to get but not now

I certainly remember Spangles and also Love Hearts.
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

Frys double sandwich, a chocolate bar. It was either milk chocolate outside with dark inside or vice versa. I preferred the dark outside. Mmmmmm
    Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Texan bar yummy
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Lucky tatties and MB bars. May be typically Glaswegian tho, but would be interested to know if they were ever on sale in Caithness.

Have a look on here for some old favourites!
    http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/index.php

Spangles "Old English" were my favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by nightowl View Post
    Liked them as well, sort of spicey taste to them.
    The Big Man

DeHaviLand, lucky tatties were definitely on sale in Wick in late 1950's early 60's. I used to get them, along with my sherbet dab and lucky bags; used to get them from Gibby Frasers shop in Coach Road.
    Take a hundred lines:- "The word is INFRACTION not INFARTION"

Quote Originally Posted by Poultney lad View Post
    anybody remember spangles sweeties or cabana bar coconut and cherry anybody remember any other sweets you used to get but not now
    Somebodys showing there age i remember spangles in the xmas stockings every year along with mars bar and marathon bar. Spangles it must have been early eightys when they stopped selling them
    I always rememeber getting a piece of bubblegum for 2 pence which had a tattoo u had to wet it and stick it on your arm.
    Or u used to buy cremola foam for a fizzy drink thats something u dont see any more
    Last edited by EDDIE; 16-Mar-08 at 09:15.

how about a choo choo bar, anyone remember that one?

A large thread already on old sweets is at http://forum.caithness.org/showthrea...ght=old+sweets

Olde English flavoured Spangles I recall, and 'Acid Drops' . Also Polo 'fruits' as ooposed to mints. Pear Drops...I graduated from sweets to chocolate around the age of eight I think...nowadays even choccy is a rare treat.
    Thank heaven for Shiraz.

where have all the SPANGLES gone.. brings back memory,s and waht about black jacks ...lol..maybe u can,t say black no more..

Quote Originally Posted by nightowl View Post
    I dont eat many sweets, but these were yum, remember them well

Goldencups!God I miss them soooo much,although my bum is glad they arent around anymore x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

SNOWDOG Guest

On a savoury note, i really miss chutney Outer Spacers!

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Goldencups!God I miss them soooo much,although my bum is glad they arent around anymore x
    oh aye they were lovely also loggers you could get them with fruit and nut or just plain i think. i know this isnt sweets but does anyone remember puffs you could get them in salt and vinager cheese and onion or just plain.

Quote Originally Posted by DeHaviLand View Post
    Lucky tatties and MB bars. May be typically Glaswegian tho, but would be interested to know if they were ever on sale in Caithness.
    I was in a small sweetie shop in Dunfermline a few months ago and they have all the old favourites including lucky tatties, toffee doddles e.t.c

Quote Originally Posted by brokencross View Post
    DeHaviLand, lucky tatties were definitely on sale in Wick in late 1950's early 60's. I used to get them, along with my sherbet dab and lucky bags; used to get them from Gibby Frasers shop in Coach Road.
    OMG, I'd forgot all about those "tattie" sweeties.......blast from the past.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast