Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone taking Champix tablets to stop smoking?

Question Anyone taking Champix tablets to stop smoking?

is it jus me or is anyone else experiencing awful nitemares and feelin sick all the time?? i hope it wears off soon!!!! itl be worth it thu to finally stop smoking!!!
    " we're here for a good time not a long time ''

Throw them away and just stop. You'll still have the nightmares tho. Well, I did anyway

Quote Originally Posted by quiteone View Post
    is it jus me or is anyone else experiencing awful nitemares and feelin sick all the time?? i hope it wears off soon!!!! itl be worth it thu to finally stop smoking!!!
    Yes i did. Problem was, i started it just before xmas. Bad timing and im still smoking. Need to go back to the doc and start all over again.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

i have absolutely no willpower.......so cant stop on my own iv tried loads of times!!! the chewing gum made me ill, i am allergic to the patches so this is my last resort. i have asthma which is gettin worse and the money i spend on fags could pay for a nice new car!!! that is my incentive anyway.....

I am now 6 weeks without smoking.

I have always had very vivid dreams, so was worried about the nightmares they warn you about in the leaflet. I had total opposite - no dreams at all, problem is I didn't feel as if I had been asleep as had nothing other than the clock to guage sleep time by.

Back to my normal dreams now but still off the cigs so at least that is good.

Stick with it if you can, it will be worth it in the end.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

i saw every hour last nite waking from and falling back into a continuous nitemare!!! ohh it was bad. but determined to stop. i started smoking in primary7 not a lot but nearly everyday we would be smoking and im 30 now its starting to scare me. u dont worry about ur health when ur young but as u get older it changes. if i could change one thing it would be the day i started smoking!!

easy to start but sooooo hard to stop!!

Default Champix to stop smoking

I pinched my first fag out of my sisters packet when I was 12 and by the age 13 I was hooked.I am now 51 and have tried every method known to man to quit without success.My wife and I have been life long prisoners to fags and at the start of 2008 we decided to give it another go as spending £80.00 a week on fags was just being stupid.We went to see Marie the nurse down at Wick medical center and she told us of this new pill called CHAMPIX and would be available to us soon. We set ourselves a date JULY4th Independance day.I had no problems but my wife did experiance some of the symptoms that you describe and she stopped taking them and went on to patches. 8 months later we feel we have cracked it and no longer do we crave for them.There are 2 issues with smoking and thats addiction to nicotine and the habit of just doing it.Be mindfull of both and want to give it up I would recomend it wholeheartedly.

No nightmares but I do get the sickness feeling in the morning when I take my tablet.
    Found out though if I have breakfast first (normally just coffee) then I don't get the sick feeling so I have a bannana every morning now first works wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post
    I am now 6 weeks without smoking.

I have always had very vivid dreams, so was worried about the nightmares they warn you about in the leaflet. I had total opposite - no dreams at all, problem is I didn't feel as if I had been asleep as had nothing other than the clock to guage sleep time by.

Back to my normal dreams now but still off the cigs so at least that is good.

Stick with it if you can, it will be worth it in the end.
    Good for you Changi, I gave up in 2000, and it has not been too much of a bother. I found the habit and needing something to replace it worse than the nicotene.
    I used to say to Dave, "What do non smokers do with thier lives?" as my whole world revolved around when and where I would have my next fag.
    So go guys, hang in there, you WILL feel heaps better when you get over the worst of it.
    Mind you, I still class myself as a smoker, who chooses not to smoke
    She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Lolabelle View Post
    Mind you, I still class myself as a smoker, who chooses not to smoke

gave me a chuckle this morning!
    Smiling is infectious, You can catch it like the flu.
    Someone smiled at me today, And I started smiling too.

ye am on them just now n take them at 8 every morning and god a feel sick after using them but only for about an hr or so.As for the nightmares well a hav them anyways lol

my doctor put me on champix ,after two weeks on pill phoned doctor about my side effect's was told to stop taking pill that day,as i cant find web site to champix tablets,maybe some of you can find and put on her,as pill is getting bad press in usa

I used Allen Carrs "Easy way to stop smoking". And it truly is easy. No patches, no mingin gum, no real cravings, and a better understanding of my "addiction" and how to just stop.

You do have to be open minded and just go with the flow to take it in. But to get off the fags a little bit of brainwashing is not a bad thing!

Smile

I started taking champix last July, and yes I had the side-effects, didn`t sleep properly for weeks but I set a date and kept to it. I have not had a cigarette since Aug 19. It worked for me but its not for everyone.
    My only problem now is shedding the weight I`ve gained!!!

Kevin: "as spending £80.00 a week on fags"
    You must have been well paid!
    Luckily I've never smoked, but my middle son did; 40 a day. Then two years ago he said 'this is bloody stupid' and stopped.. says he's never felt better.

Default Waste of money

Quote Originally Posted by bekisman View Post
    Kevin: "as spending £80.00 a week on fags"
    You must have been well paid!
    Luckily I've never smoked, but my middle son did; 40 a day. Then two years ago he said 'this is bloody stupid' and stopped.. says he's never felt better.
    No bekisman, I am not well paid and thats why I gave it up.lol We estimated that between us we were smoking on average over 60 a day at £5-00 a packet for 20 Regal King Size. I am still skint but I feel a lot better for it and dont cough like used to.

I thought I'd check Champix out as I want to stop smoking and know Zyban has a really bad name. Not too sure of Champix either now after coming across this Link.

Maybe I should just set a date and try a bit of good old fashioned willpower.

Quote Originally Posted by Shabbychic View Post
    I thought I'd check Champix out as I want to stop smoking and know Zyban has a really bad name. Not too sure of Champix either now after coming across this Link.

Maybe I should just set a date and try a bit of good old fashioned willpower.
    I found sucking aniseed balls (the really hard ones that you can't crunch) helped me to stop smoking. By the time I had finished one the urge for a ciggy had passed. Unfortunately, after 4 years stopped I went back to it again. Don't know what came over me (drunk again) but I'm going to be stopping again this weekend. Good luck with your attempt.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by grandma View Post
    I found sucking aniseed balls (the really hard ones that you can't crunch) helped me to stop smoking. By the time I had finished one the urge for a ciggy had passed. Unfortunately, after 4 years stopped I went back to it again. Don't know what came over me (drunk again) but I'm going to be stopping again this weekend. Good luck with your attempt.
    Thanks grandma. My problem is though, I don't like sweets, cakes, biscuits, chocolate or any of the other things normal people like, and I don't snack between meals. Weirdies like me really have a problem when trying to give up smoking.

hi i read the link, the nurse explained all the ins and oust of it to me, as i have suffered depression in the past she made me aware that it may resurface. its good to know that others have or are goin thru the same thing. i had half a fag yesterday and 1 2day and thats them done. ahstrays r goin in the bin 2nite. got parents evening later so hopefully my daughters behaving or il be grumping as from 2mro il be a nonsmoker!!! woohoo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast