Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: lentil soup

Default lentil soup

did i imagine it or was there a recipe on here last week for lentil soup with bacon or was i dreaming lol,if so does anyone no a good recipe for it with bacon?

Default Lentil Soup

Hey i make lentil soup with bacon!

I cut 4 carrots and onion and half a neep, and put it in a large soup pan with water, add four pork stock cubes and cut a packet of smoked bacon into pieces and add them to the pan, Then i add the lentils, i put about half a packet of lentils in my soup, then simmer it for hours. about 2 hours should do it!!

Yummy.

I buy a smoked bacon end from the butchers and boil it in cold water then simmer for about at hour.

Add onion, carrot & turnip (a prepared bag of diced from Tesco is only 50pence and the same weight of turnip alone would cost double that, so it`s economical as well as time saving)

I use 250gms lentils all together but add half with the veg, then the rest about half an hour later and cook for another half hour. This gives a more interesting texture.

Pinch of parsley if liked before serving.

Enjoy
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

mm i use bacon too.. fry my onions and bacon in some garlic, add stock(ham cubes), lentils...boil for a while add carrotts and tatties.. cook for another 20 mins or so some pepper..in my case lots of pepper..no salt.....yummy dont ask quantities i just guess
    You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life. -ALBERT CAMUS

Thumbs up

More recipes on p6 of this message board!