Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: org recipe book

Default org recipe book

There are so many good recipes on here and a good diversity. Someone ought to compile a book of them and sell them for a local charity. Bill and Naill will have to pick, cook and taste a few before selecting the best, or have an org opinion poll. Im sure no-one will mind donating their recipes for a good cause.

A good hug often helps

What a brilliant idea!
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

great idea should be seriously considered !!!
    a good local charity like The Laurandy Centre !!!!!!!
    im sure a few of the girls that work there will come help you with the tasting Bill!!! then with the typing out lol.
    You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life. -ALBERT CAMUS

if there is someone from there willing to do that, then I for one say let them have all the recipies off this site and raise the money from them. They can certainly use anything I have posted. They could call it "The diverse recipes of Caithness.Org" it would certainly be different than the ordinary run of the mill cookery books. Come on fellow orgers, post your permission for your recipies to be used for fundraising, if the LC want to take up the offer.

A good hug often helps

yes a brilliant idea, I must put some recipes on then.

They can use mine if they want them.
    It takes 40 men with their feet on the ground to keep one man with his head in the air.
    Terry Pratchett "Small Gods"

That would be a good idea, because different people have different ways of teaching a recpie, and each page of the book would be individual and interesting.

aye, its a great idea.

its in 'e pipeline....watch this space
    Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
    Blessed Be...

go ahead super Idea keep us informed of the status now and again

Default Org Recipe Book

I think its a great Idea But---- I would be a bit wary of copyright as some of my recipies are from Recipe books some loads of years old and some recent ones adapted some made up recipies
    Dont really know how one stands here
    Maybe someone will enlighten before Trouble looms
    Last edited by Anne x; 29-Mar-08 at 01:24. Reason: Spelling
    Its nice to be nice

thats a good idea...would buy one myself..i will keep watching this space..
    The miracle is not to fly in the air,
    or to walk on the water,but to walk on the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne x View Post
    I think its a great Idea But---- I would be a bit wary of copyright as some of my recipies are from Recipe books some loads of years old and some recent ones adapted some made up recipies
    Have to agree with you there Anne. I know the one's I have posted are either "family" recipes or one's that have been adapted from ones published elsewhere. But as you say, old recipe books are a great source for many recipes which people may think are simply "family" ones as they have been passed down from mother to daughter etc. I don't really know how the copyright laws work but I don't think publishing a cook book (even for charity) is quite as simple as people would like to think. It would be quite time consuming and costly I would imagine.

Default Copyright

Quote Originally Posted by Anne x View Post
    The legal position is that if 3 measurements are changed from the original recipe, then the recipe is considered new. So for instance, if you copy a recipe from a book but change the amounts to serve 6 instead of 4, then legaly you have written a new recipe.
    But to be fair, it would be easier and more honest to simply say where the original recipe came from. The author of the recipe would probably be quite happy to see other people using their work as long as they are still getting credit for it.
    I freely admit that most of my recipies come from books and I am quite prepared to name those books if anyone wants to know.
    It takes 40 men with their feet on the ground to keep one man with his head in the air.

Default Org Recipie Book

Thanks Dellwak and Buttercup I was a bit concerned as in the Literature Thread you have to state if not your own work and If ---- The Org was going to do a cook book better to be fore warned

Anne
    Its nice to be nice

Quote Originally Posted by dellwak View Post
    The legal position is that if 3 measurements are changed from the original recipe, then the recipe is considered new. So for instance, if you copy a recipe from a book but change the amounts to serve 6 instead of 4, then legaly you have written a new recipe.
    But to be fair, it would be easier and more honest to simply say where the original recipe came from. The author of the recipe would probably be quite happy to see other people using their work as long as they are still getting credit for it.
    I freely admit that most of my recipies come from books and I am quite prepared to name those books if anyone wants to know.
    Problem is dellwak, a lot of us can't remember what books or tv shows the recipe came from.

Then you can't be accused of stealing a copyright Buttercup cos you have probably changed the amounts anyway.
    Just mention that the recipe is not your own and you saw it some TV show or book.
    Nobody is going to ruin thier own reputation by demanding that a book for charity is taken from the market because they are not named as the originator of one of the recipies.
    The worst case would be that they demand that they are mentioned in a second run of the book.