Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Bank charges @ Liquid

Angry Bank charges @ Liquid

As most folk know, I am at college. On occasions I need to get access to money. This means a long walk to town and back or a trip to Liquid to the teller machine there.

The machine charges £1.50 for every transaction. I think this is horrendous.

Do any other "Orgers" incur these charges anywhere else in Caithness?
    Last edited by mccaugm; 01-Feb-08 at 15:00. Reason: typo
    Spring has sprung, the grass is ris', I wonder where the birdies is, the birdies is on d' wing, now thats absurd, everyone knows d' wing is on d' bird

I know the one at wetherspoos also the one at inverness station charge this but I dont know of any others. You have to check before you use them. You would think they would have one in the college.
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

Quote Originally Posted by mccaugm View Post
    As most folk know, I am at college. On occasions I need to get access to money. This means a long walk to town and back or a trip to Liquid to the teller machine there.

Aye the machine outside McColls which was free was changed to one that charges £1.50 in December. I'm told it is not nearly as busy as it was.

You can get cash back in the shop, might be better for you to do that?
    The box said, "Requires Windows XP or better"...

... so I installed Ubuntu!

They're privately owned ATMs, and AFAIK the shopkeeper / siteowner pays the owner to have the machine in his shop then takes a commission.

The best argument for them is that at least locations which wouldn't otherwise get access to a cash machine can get one.

The worst argument is of course the charge.

Nick's right about cashback, but most places want you to spend £5 or £10 on goods before they'll do it.

And none of them give you the option to carry out your transaction in the Gaelic!
    'Cause if my eyes don't deceive me,
    There's something going wrong around here

Well, there is nothing forcing you to use their machine. It is plainly marked that it will cost you to get cash there.

Get a decent amount at the start of the week and use it wisely....

Its cheaper than gettin a taxi dwn the street!

Has everyone gone soft? A long walk into town! Cheaper than getting a taxi! Its only the Tech college you are at - deary me, the exercise will do you good!
    'Cause if my eyes don't deceive me,
    There's something going wrong around here

Quote Originally Posted by mccaugm View Post

i know what you mean, the machine up at the spar is free i think. i cant remeber as i usualy get my money on way to college now

kaz xxxx
    ღ ღ ღ ღ kazzii ღ ღ ღ ღ I'm a devil in disguise

Quote Originally Posted by scotsboy View Post
    Has everyone gone soft? A long walk into town! Cheaper than getting a taxi! Its only the Tech college you are at - deary me, the exercise will do you good!
    Not if you only get barely 45 minutes to get there and back and have lunch its not.
    Spring has sprung, the grass is ris', I wonder where the birdies is, the birdies is on d' wing, now thats absurd, everyone knows d' wing is on d' bird

i have to agree i dont like the fact we only get 45 mins for lunch, college is so expensive i prefer to go down the street and get something good for my money

kaz xxxx
    ღ ღ ღ ღ kazzii ღ ღ ღ ღ I'm a devil in disguise