Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Car Insurance

Default Car Insurance

Can anyone recommend a cheap car insurance company, i've been getting quotes ranging from £1200 to £480. Some of the ones that advertise as being cheap are the dearest!

Default CWS(Coop)

Try Coop I changed from 3rd.party from Direct line to fully comp.and was only £20 more

Express was my cheepest for 3 years went from 3rd pary F & T to fully comp with no much difference! Try confused.com they work it all out for you and you only enter you details once. Saving your fingers and your sanity!!

The only way of finding the cheapest is to go through every single one, a company that is cheap for someone will be expensive for someone else, I went through about 20 when I got my new car.

Try

http://www.insuresupermarket.com/motor/default.asp

You can compare lots in 1 go...... then get a few to check out more closely[/url]

We went with Direct line,Tesco and co-op are supposed to be good too.

I was really surprised to find out how much your quote is based on your job description. It really seems to affect your risk rating with the insurance companies. If you are getting online quotes it may be worth trying a slightly different job title (without telling porkies obviously!) and see how it works out.

Clydesdale bank is the cheapest u will get

We were reccommended it and it was a quarter of the price we were paying and that was changing from 3rd party, fire and theft to fully comp

Give it a try, just get a quote and u will be surprised

www.cbonline.co.uk

www.elephant.co.uk was the cheapest for me but sometimes Tescos is cheaper - www.tescos.co.uk

I always deal with Swinton. Each year I get a quote from them and then scout around to see if there's anything cheaper. I've not found anything yet.