Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: My Fake Baby

Default My Fake Baby

This programme is going out on air on Channel 4 tonight at 10pm.
    I saw a trailer of this earlier and to me its scary, the way some women treat these dolls and they are dolls not real babies.
    The web site is even more scary to me, and I am a little sad they way the show is depicting one particular woman who got her doll made to look like her grandson.

http://www.little-angels-nursery.me.uk/
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

@,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Can understand some women wanting these dolls but find it a bit disturbing, also like the company in America who make similar models but of life size women.

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    I think it is Unicorn, its being shown as a repeat, sorry
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    This programme is going out on air on Channel 4 tonight at 10pm.
    I saw a trailer of this earlier and to me its scary, the way some women treat these dolls and they are dolls not real babies.
    The web site is even more scary to me, and I am a little sad they way the show is depicting one particular woman who got her doll made to look like her grandson.

http://www.little-angels-nursery.me.uk/
    There are some, ahem, ropey looking babies there golach.

Quote Originally Posted by TBH View Post
    There are some, ahem, ropey looking babies there golach.
    i agree, one of them looks like a baby hobbit, the other is the offspring of rosie and jim (kids tv programme)!!!

karia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by honey View Post
    i agree, one of them looks like a baby hobbit
    I think you've said it all there!

I saw the programme the last time it was on, and for me it was one of these weird fascination things, didn't particularly like it but found it hard to look away.

It reminded me a bit of the people who treat their dogs as little persons but at a more intense level.

My wife agreed with the husband who said that the doll his wife had purchased looked as if it belonged on a mortuary slab.

I find the term "Reborns" a bit weird as well. It sounds as if they might be implying that the dolls are modeled on dead children.

Definitely not to my taste, but each to their own I suppose.
    Last edited by Dusty; 28-Jan-08 at 23:08. Reason: cannae spel
    He has a profound respect for old age. Especially when it's bottled.
    Gene Fowler

I watched it the last tym aswell.. Cudnt help but watch it although I found it weird.
    The amount of money they spend aswell is mental!! Designer baby clothes.. not dolls clothes!

OMG..........!!! it was freaky i had to put it off, plastic hands n feet in bags and the hair they sew on its head looked like pubic hair. and these women put them in prams n push them about. i think id be sick if i looked in someones pram and a doll was in it.......some people r just mad. but then again all dolls give me the creeps!!

Weird,Disturbing,Sick. Too much money,not enough sense,thought girls grew out of dolls.Agreed with the husband about the mortuary slab view. Some people will do anything to make money,no prices were mentioned, suspect they cost a fortune.
    Don`t bother "repping" me it`s turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by karia View Post
    I think you've said it all there!
    not as well as the grandchild of the woman who got one after she brought him up while her daughter was ill.. hes in New Zealand with his mum now and granny showed him the new "baby" on webcam...

Gran - "do you like the new baby"?
    Real Harry - "thats not a baby, its a doll"
    Gran - "no, its a new baby Harry" (which i though was shocking to say to a young child!! )
    Real Harry - "no, its a doll you numbnut!!"

I did find thw whole thing shocking though, Collecting these dolls is one thing, treating it like a real baby is another matter altogether, i personally tink these woman need some sort of counselling to get over the underlying problems that are obviously there.

Quote Originally Posted by miknhev View Post
    Some people will do anything to make money,no prices were mentioned, suspect they cost a fortune.
    It shows you the prices on here of the available dolls.

http://www.little-angels-nursery.me.uk/availbabiespage.htm

Can't see why anyone would want to buy them i find it weird but each to there own.
    Last edited by alanatkie; 29-Jan-08 at 10:34. Reason: sp

just went to the site, i watched the program last time round, this is disturbing! i wouldnt even by one for my daughter, creepy!
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

Just Outside The Gateway To Hell 3rd House On The Left

Wonder if me and the wife purchased one could we claim child care and family benefits

Could be on to a nice earner there because the 18th birthday aint going to come so in theory we could claim benefits forever

Might be worth a look further

But in all seriousness some of them people need real help the one who was in new york getting the new baby going on about it being the longest labour she had wouldn't it be more like sense to actually get knocked up if you want one and experience the whole children birth and all that malarkey for real

Ohh and they do look like dead babies as well imagine walking down the street and seeing a new pram and thinking aww nice cute newborn baby and finding that in the pram what do you do or say ??? talk about embarrassing

Last edited by The Angel Of Death; 29-Jan-08 at 10:41.
    Give a child a hammer and the whole world becomes a nail

i watched it the first time it was shown, there's some strange folk about and these dolls were very creepy looking

Quote Originally Posted by alanatkie View Post
    It shows you the prices on here of the available dolls.

http://www.little-angels-nursery.me.uk/availbabiespage.htm

Can't see why anyone would want to buy them i find it weird but each to there own.

Oh dear - Baby Blake has been adopted.
    Who by?
    Mr & Mrs Olo Foxburr of Loamsdown?

He's their preciousssss.....

These look more like death masks of babies...