Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Driving Test Question

Lightbulb Driving Test Question

I have my driving test soon and was just wondering what kinda theory questions the instructor asks you while in the car??

Thanks

Tweety,

I assume from this question you have not had any tuition from a Driving Instructor, If you have, then ask them.

You only get asked 2 questions off a set list.

You can download the questions off the DSA website or try your local bookshop.

This is no reflection on your driving ability, but I'm a bit concerned that you have your test coming up and you don't seem to know what's involved.

PM me if you need any more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweety View Post
    I have my driving test soon and was just wondering what kinda theory questions the instructor asks you while in the car??

Thanks
    You are asked 2 questions before you drive of 1 will be a show me question were he asks you a question about the car and you have to show him and the other is a tell me question so whatever he asks you would have to tell him how something works for examle.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by young View Post
    You are asked 2 questions before you drive of 1 will be a show me question were he asks you a question about the car and you have to show him and the other is a tell me question so whatever he asks you would have to tell him how something works for examle.
    I passed my test in '87 and never had to know much about the mechanics of a car. I wasn't even asked about how to check oil, tyre pressures etc. It's good that nowadays that's changed. Could save a major headache in the future.
    cape locum et fac vestigium

Thanks, have been up before but failed (not on the questions though). I was asked to show something under the bonnet and the minimum treadth of a tyre which I knew was 1.6.

Was just wondering what other questions im likely to be asked but think I have sussed it now!!!!!

Smile

Well, good luck when the time comes...Let us know how you get on.
    cape locum et fac vestigium

On my first motorcycle test in 1993 I was asked 'where will you find textured paving' I had not a clue. I failed...but not because of that...I'd had a dreadful ride.

When I found out what 'textured paving' was I could have kicked myself.

Fortunately, I passed the test a month later.
    Last edited by percy toboggan; 25-Jan-08 at 19:00.

Quote Originally Posted by percy toboggan View Post
    On my first motorcycle test in 1993 I was asked 'where will you find textured paving' I had not a clue. I failed...but not because of that...I'd had a dreadful ride.

When I found out what 'textured paving' was I could have kicked myself.

Fortunately, I passed the test a month later.
    Go on, what is "textured paving"!

Quote Originally Posted by ywindythesecond View Post
    Go on, what is "textured paving"!
    Thank god you asked.....I am dying to know x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x