Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Missing toolbar in posting options?

Default Missing toolbar in posting options?

I have seen when another user posts they have a tool bar above there post box with different options and smileys, yet when i make a post i do not have any of these options?

i only noticed this through being present when another user was on line and making a post, any reason for this?

thanks in advance.

Don't know for sure, but you get a different screen layout if you use "POST REPLY" at top left of poster box as opposed to using the "Quick Reply" icon at the bottom right of posters box. If you see what I mean. OR it could be to do with the Vb code at bottom left of page, if you look at the FAQ for useage.
    Last edited by brokencross; 24-Jan-08 at 16:03.
    Take a hundred lines:- "The word is INFRACTION not INFARTION"

If you click on the "Go Advanced" button you will get further options such as the smiley listing etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MadPict View Post
    If you click on the "Go Advanced" button you will get further options such as the smiley listing etc.
    sorry for being a pain but wheres the go advanced button?

Just wondering, how do you post a poll?? i seem unable to find the option...

Quote Originally Posted by robbie_roost View Post
    Just wondering, how do you post a poll?? i seem unable to find the option...
    Ah, robbie_roost, you get that prize when you reach .orger status. It goes along with the avatar and smilie options and a free membership in the scorrie fan club. You certainly appear to have the time requirement well in hand. Now you need about 30 more posts. But do not do as I foolishly did and have a conversation with yourself and put up post after post. There is a technical term for doing that and it is not considered an acceptable way to become a .orger.

Good luck. If you get involved in a few org debates it won't take long before your numbers rise and you have access to the create a poll technology.

ok cheers for that, seems a bit unfare but im sure that there is a reason behind it!

Quote Originally Posted by buggyracer
    sorry for being a pain but wheres the go advanced button?
    Right next to the "Post Quick Reply" button when you post using the text entry box at the foot of the page.

If you opt to reply with the "Quote" button it automatically opens the 'advanced' text entry box.

nope that doesnt work either , it states please choose one of the quick reply options?

Does this clear it up?

Quote Originally Posted by MadPict View Post
    Does this clear it up?
    sorry madpict, no still not working

Have you checked in your User CP? Once in, if you go to Edit Options & scroll down to the bottom to the 'Message Editor Interface' section and change that to 'Enhanced Interface...' then click the Save Changes button adn see if that does the job for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post
    Have you checked in your User CP? Once in, if you go to Edit Options & scroll down to the bottom to the 'Message Editor Interface' section and change that to 'Enhanced Interface...' then click the Save Changes button adn see if that does the job for you.

Yay well done Bobonvich, you have cracked it!!

Great. I'll close this thread now.