Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Rubbish Thread

Default Rubbish Thread

In view of recent complaints about the quality of posts, here is a truly rubbish one.

Our local council has a fortnightly kerbside collection for recycling glass, tins and newspapers. You know the kind of thing where you put out the stuff in different bags and boxes. Now, I don't mind doing this, as it is about my only contribution to saving the planet.

What I object to is the mess left by the lorry crew who do the collection. I leave the street and all the boxes and bags are neatly placed by the kerb ready for collection; when I come back an hour later the street is like a midden. There is broken glass in the road, windblown paper and cardboard all over the place, the recycling containers are nowhere near the house they came from, they are in the middle of the road or miles away outside someone elses house. I know it is not a particularly nice job but they could at least take some pride in it.

Now that is a rubbish thread. Genuine replies only please.. no time wasters.
    Take a hundred lines:- "The word is INFRACTION not INFARTION"

This problem is not confined to the northern hemisphere, we have the same problem. I wonder why we bother to use bins, separate recylables only to have most of it scattered all over the street.
    She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

Got to say it, the guys up here in Caithness on the Wick side are very good.

Polite, quick and tidy.

Well done them, I say.

Brokencross, I advise making a complaint to whoever is responsible for the rubbish collectors. If that doesn't work, take some photographs and write a letter to accompany them. Keep plugging at them (unless of course they rectify the problem right away) as you pay your taxes which in turn pays their wages. Good luck....

I have NO complaints against the bin men on the north side of Wick. I think they do a marvellous job and find them helpful and obliging. No doubt it varies in different areas of the map. Is it not possible to be at home on collection day to see if it is the men on the lorry who are responsible for the mess?
    If it is proven they are, then you could go to the relevant council to state your case.
    Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Dirdyweeker, the complaint is not against any Caithness collectors; I am presuming it is in Middlesborough.....or maybe that's not what your meant; sorry if I got it wrong......
    Last edited by Torvaig; 15-Jan-08 at 14:41. Reason: maybe got it wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Torvaig View Post
    Dirdyweeker, the complaint is not against any Caithness collectors; I am presuming it is in Middlesborough.....or maybe that's not what your meant; sorry if I got it wrong......
    I know the complaint was not against the 'caithness' collectors. Only 2 sentences were relevant to that part of my reply. Hence the suggestion further on in my reply.
    Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Sorry... definitely got it wrong....
    I must read posts more thoroughly

hope they dont start the same capers here. the binmen never leave a mess the only time there may be a mess is it is bad weather and it gets blown everywhere but we blame mother nature for that one.
    "One more round Micky"

well thats just the council for u there going to do what there going to do waste of time complaining you would think the council would have mobile supervisors to check up on the quality of work of the council staff that are out and about.

Don't think it is the actual council binmen, but one of these private recycling companies in "partnership" with the council.
    Take a hundred lines:- "The word is INFRACTION not INFARTION"