Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mods

Default Mods

What were you in your youth, a hippy, mod, rocker, punk, teddyboy, new romantic, etc or did you just follow your own unique path? I'm a rocker, roller right out of controller, wheeler, dealer,I'm a wicked woman stealer I'm a bruiser, cruiser ...

I had a wee spell as a punk and a wee spell as a newish romantic. I was very fickle and really chose my style based on who I fancied at the time

Default Get yer motor runnin'.....

Biker!!!

Leather lancer jacket, white T shirt, drainpipe jeans with white seaboot stockings turned down over me bike boots. Cutoff with mucho patches on.

Spent most of my yoof (when on leave) being told "Oy, we don't serve bikers in 'ere!"

Usual retort was unprintable followed by 5 minutes of redlining the bike and smoking the back tyre right next to the pub entrance.

Eeeeeh, them were t' days.

Once had a scooter, but don't tell anyone!

(Rides off into sunset singing "Seasons don't fear the Reaper....")

karia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TBH View Post
    What were you in your youth, a hippy, mod, rocker, punk, teddyboy, new romantic, etc or did you just follow your own unique path? I'm a rocker, roller right out of controller, wheeler, dealer,I'm a wicked woman stealer I'm a bruiser, cruiser ...
    bruiser, cruiser...hev ye been at e booze sir?

Quote Originally Posted by karia View Post
    bruiser, cruiser...hev ye been at e booze sir?
    I took a cruise doon till e' boozer.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by TBH View Post
    Spotted the AC/DC lyric straight away..so that answers your question for me eh?haha

Quote Originally Posted by zappster View Post
    Spotted the AC/DC lyric straight away..so that answers your question for me eh?haha
    You have excellent taste.

Think I went through all of them phases!!!.
    Was more of a "modern" mod into the Jam and Northern soul but I was the only one so it was lonely
    Then became a B-boy breakdancer/BMX er which I think everyone went through.
    Now I am a wrinkly old rocker with a Les Paul and very little talent

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod4 View Post
    Was more of a "modern" mod into the Jam and Northern soul but I was the only one so it was lonely.
    Then became a B-boy breakdancer/BMX er which I think everyone went through.
    Now I am a wrinkly old rocker with a Les Paul and very little talent
    I don't have a Les Paul but once had a Pal called Les. I always had long hair and a hippy attitude but never followed fashions or trends of any sort. In fact, if something is popular simply because it is trendy, I won't be seen within a mile of it. The years have put paid to the follicle output but the attitude remains the same.

I liked The Jam but the only Mods I listen to now are the ones who tell me to behave myself on the Org.

ps The Smiley Police forced me to remove your frown. Och, they're no good for ye anyway!!

BIKER !! through and through. I may be a girlie but def a biker chick. All thoes rallys roughing it in a tent , wind blowing through my hair ( when i didnt wear a helmet ) my trustie old leather jacket and flying jacket for the colder days. Cant wait till summer comes again . jan x
    P.S I also like teddyboys and rockabilly music .
    computer says no ........

karia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod4 View Post
    Was more of a "modern" mod into the Jam and Northern soul but I was the only one so it was lonely
    Oh! My ex husband was a big northern soul fan...

ahh!

...get yer point!

Default ...Head out on the highway...

Although a Biker, I always liked The Jam and had a secret liking for Lambrettas.

Thought that Punk came up with some good bands and attitudes.

Have you noticed how 'kids today' (pah! what do they know!) are a lot less tribal and have more eclectic tastes in music than most of us old gits?

Default Mods and Rockers

I think I steered my own path yet most of my friends were Mods but I once went for a ton-up on the back of a bike down the Southend Arterial Road - as you say Paris - no helmets in those days. Poor mum would have had a fit had she known!!
    I suppose I had a foot in both camps - I am so glad I was around in the sixties - what a time we had!!

LB

karia Guest

We were born to be wild..but have proved a little tame...

just like generations before us!

Quote Originally Posted by northener View Post
    Although a Biker, I always liked The Jam and had a secret liking for Lambrettas.
    Us true rockers could always suss you interlopers out, it was no secret!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Pretty much a rocker, the AC/DC lyrics are now buzzing through my head don't think i will ever 'leave' the rock out of my life for good, i still enjoy some good thumping loud music to bring me down out of a foul mood
    Wore jeans, t-shirt, denim cut-off with patches and studs, i still have a studded belt i wear to this day!

Default ....Looking for adventure......

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Us true rockers could always suss you interlopers out, it was no secret!
    I'll not tell you about the 'Glen Campbells Greatest Hits' cassette I wore out then....

Dammit. Ohwhatagivaway.

Altogether now!

"Galveston, oh Galveston,
    I still hear your sea winds crashing,
    As I watch the cannons flashing,
    I sit and clean my gun
    and dream of Galveston".

... Come on Rheghead, sing up, I can't hear you!

karia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by northener View Post
    I'll not tell you about the 'Glen Campbells Greatest Hits' cassette I wore out then....

Dammit. Ohwhatagivaway.

Altogether now!

"Galveston, oh Galveston,
    I still hear your sea winds crashing,
    As I watch the cannons flashing,
    I sit and clean my gun
    and dream of Galveston".

... Come on Rheghead, sing up, I can't hear you!

'such are the dreams of the everyday housewife.'.you'd need to be a real afficianado to mind that...or a wichita line man!

Kx

Default ...or whatever comes our way.....

Quote Originally Posted by karia View Post
    'such are the dreams of the everyday housewife.'.you'd need to be a real afficianado to mind that...or a wichita line man!

Kx
    An everyday houswife who gave up the good life for me?

Wichita Lineman is excellent, but I had to be careful when drunk, not to sing it at bike rallies.....

Biker for a few years, until an accident broke my knee and put me off - busted my bike as well. Then became a hippy for a few more years until I went my own way.
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast