Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: What do we pay for?

Angry What do we pay for?

I am interested to know what we pay council tax for. Our road and I think all roads in Castletown, bar the main one, have yet to be gritted since cold spell started. And have seen several people fall. My wife drove into Thurso the other morning and their pavements had been done by 7am! We also used to have a grit box at bottom of road but they removed it earlier this year.

Is everywhere, bar Thurso, treated with the same contempt?

well not everywhere in thurso has been gritted, my area hasnt and its very slippy!!!!
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

All the Wick roads I've driven on have been well gritted although not the paths.
    Is ì ’n dàs ìs truìme ìs ìsle ’chromas a ceann. - The heaviest ear of corn bends its head the lowest.

Default roads and pavements

Quote Originally Posted by maidencaithness View Post
    I am interested to know what we pay council tax for. Our road and I think all roads in Castletown, bar the main one, have yet to be gritted since cold spell started. And have seen several people fall. My wife drove into Thurso the other morning and their pavements had been done by 7am! We also used to have a grit box at bottom of road but they removed it earlier this year.

push bike income from government will not give rolls royce service.

bbb

I don't know where all the money goes but I do know the roads budget is nowhere near adequate, nor do they have enough manpower.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Angry What do we get?

I agree Maiden, but it is not only at this time of year that we need to ask this question! If you don't live in the town you still have to pay for street lights, pavements, recycling pickups, garden waste pickups and all the other extras that you get for the same band price. When do we get parity or a refund?
    Live the Life

Quote Originally Posted by maidencaithness View Post

Here, read it and weep.

http://www.highland.gov.uk/NR/rdonly...klet200708.pdf
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.