Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How's your tree decorated?

Default How's your tree decorated?

We have a 7 yrs old artificial tree with cones on it. This year ive done it in all gold, so i have gold tinsel, gold ribbon, china heads of father christmas with beards and gold bows oh and plain lights and a few baubles . Looks good even though i say it myself lol . jan x
    Last edited by paris; 20-Dec-07 at 15:50. Reason: spelling
    computer says no ........

Mine is a real tree with coloured lights, candy canes, crackers, tinsel in various colours & baubles are ones the kids have bought or made over the years for the xmas tree wi a big star on the top - kids decorated it well apart from lights & star so it looks lovely & they are happy with it thats the main thing.
    Last edited by alanatkie; 20-Dec-07 at 20:05.

We have a real tree, whic we have each year...It is decorated with lovely glass baubles of different colours, also red and gold tinsels, with a glass lantern topping..The kids have hung all their decorations they made in school, The lights are white feathers and there are a couple a pics of the kids in small frames they made at school..
    And last but bot least a couple of bags of magic reindeer food, thatwe are to sprinkle in the front garden for them.....The presents are under the tree and untouched, which still suprizes me with these lot...

Nice 7 footer real one from the chap by the coop, set it up with white lights, boubles, and cloclates, no tinsel as that is used to wrap round the banister.

Oohhhh, I love Christmas trees - the bigger the better!!! But I am a bit anal, and I do have to match my decorations to my room decor <blush>.

Ours is an 8ft real one with a bit off the top (to get the star on)... bedecked in teal beads, with gold/chocolate/latte & teal baubles, and hunners o' twinkling white lights. It also has an "attractive" gold/green & red paperchain, courtesy of WeeBurdie.

The WeeBurdies have a 3ft pink one in their room (a bargin at £3 in Tesco), covered in clear lights, and some pink decorations that WeeBurdie picked herself. We could't find a topper small enough, so we made our very own fairy for the top. Needless to say it has been put well out of the reach of wee decoration-theives!!

<Apologies in advance to Badger, lol> This is most definitely a tinsel free house.
    WeeBurd.

Every year we have managed to find a suitable tree that we have been able to cut down from our little spinney. The last few years it has had to be the top of one of them, but unfortunately they are now so big that we couldn't get one of them in the house! It was a lovely ritual to go down to the wood and cut the tree and bring it back home - I would sing carols all the way back! So this year, much to my disgust, I went and bought a quite pricey artificial one from Homebase. Got it all decorated with lots of little nick nacks I pick up as the years go by and have the original fairy still my mum and dad had when we were wee and do you know what? It looks great. The only thing missing is the lovely pine smell and of course all of the needles in the carpet.

My tree is real (6ft Nordmann fir) with a star on top. Baubles are a mix of things bought over the years but the small ones near the top are crystal icicles and tiny glass parcels trees and angels that I found in Skye a couple of years back. The lights are white and the whole thing looks very natural with no tinsel.

It's about 5 or 6 foot tall, multi-coloured lights, red tinsel, gold "icicles'' and a collections of ornaments aquired over the last 22 years, topped of by a Steiff teddy bear angel.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeBurd View Post
    Oohhhh, I love Christmas trees - the bigger the better!!! But I am a bit anal, and I do have to match my decorations to my room decor <blush>.

Ours is an 8ft real one with a bit off the top (to get the star on)... bedecked in teal beads, with gold/chocolate/latte & teal baubles, and hunners o' twinkling white lights. It also has an "attractive" gold/green & red paperchain, courtesy of WeeBurdie.

The WeeBurdies have a 3ft pink one in their room (a bargin at £3 in Tesco), covered in clear lights, and some pink decorations that WeeBurdie picked herself. We could't find a topper small enough, so we made our very own fairy for the top. Needless to say it has been put well out of the reach of wee decoration-theives!!

<Apologies in advance to Badger, lol> This is most definitely a tinsel free house.
    I'm with you on the tinsel free thing too! I used to work as a window dresser for a major department store in Edinburgh and the whole colour co-ordination thing has stuck i'm afraid. My tree is covered with various baubles and ornaments in chocolate , crystal and silver.

Mostly dark red and gold, I love traditional painted wooden ornaments etc. My husband's favorite decoration new this year is a light up window sign saying "Bah humbug".....

our tree is fake, it has tinsel on it, decorations are all colours, teddies and fairies and snowmen and candy canes, all done by my 3year old
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

I have a white glittery 7 foot tree. It is decorated in lilac and silver with purply pink lights and little snowmen and santa ornaments in lilac and white and silver. Lilac and silver baubles and lilac and silver tinsel.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

karia Guest

My tree is really subtle and is no trouble to look after..my mum gave it to me when I moved into this house 15 years ago, it came up to my knees then but is above my head now.

It is decorated with lively robins and blue-tits and some gentle frost..from time to time.

There is a tiny wind chime deep in its branches which was given to me by a friend who is sadly no longer with us but his birthday was 25th December so it seems apt.

It is never the same 2 days running and I wouldn't embarrass it with fancy decorations...won't be long till I have to go shake the snow from it!

It is in my garden and enjoyed by me and the birds all year round.

Happy Christmas tree!

kariaxx

mines is a 5ft white glittery tree, with gold and red baubles very little tinsel pink and white lights, candy canes and of course crackers

Over the pond, but not quite over the hill yet

Ours is a 7 foot artificial tree, with real pine cones attached. We have it decorated with silver, gold and red tinsel garland, with multi-coloured lights and glass baubles. We also have baubles with scenes from "The Twelve Days Of Christmas". But my favourite decorations are the ones our two boys made in school when they were little, and the photo frame ones with pictures of them as they grew up! The angel on top is one we've had since the early 80s. She has a porcelain body, with wings and gown of cream satin. Her gown is nicely finished off with a touch of red and gold.
    I am living for today, always remembering yesterday, and looking forward to tomorrow!

My real tree is enormous and is slowly expanding to take over the living room as the days go by and it unfurls. It's covered in all the bits the kids have made at school and the star on the top keeps leaning over to the left.
    Husband has had a heck of a job trying to prop the tree up in it's base and I was woken up the other morning by the kids yelling "MUM! Dad's trapped under the tree!". Raced downstairs to find him lying on his stomach hammering the pegs into the base and swearing with each blow. Very festive.
    It looks grand, if lopsided. Once upon a time I had the colour coding thing happening but now it's just a lovely mis-mash of all the school projects and home-made paper chains. The cat likes to lie underneath it and whip all the tinsel off, so it looks like it's been mauled too. Happy days.

In addition to the usual decoration collection (crystal and royal blue, since you ask), I actually managed to find some candy canes for the tree. I've not found them in Britian before, but we always used to have them on the tree when I was growing up. Course, you weren't allowed to eat them until after Christmas!
    Rockchick

Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so (Douglas Adams)

My tree is NAFF after seeing weeburds tree today

Mine is a 6' artificial tree that looks very real(no wonder considering how much it cost) and is decorated in blue,gold and crystal...cant bear lots of colours on my tree and it has to match the decor in the room,plain white lights on it as well and definately no tinsel or lammetta x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

My tree is completely naked as it's fibre optic! I was going to wait until the sales as my old fibre optic tree was very small but when I spotted a 6ft one today in Homebase reduced from £59.99 to £9.99 well I just had to buy it! It must be real sickening for folkies who have paid the full price tho
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast