Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: carpet shampooer

Smile carpet shampooer

hi everyone,
    am looking to buy a carpet shampooer which doesn't cost the earth -does anyone have any experience or advice with them. We have a dyson as a cleaner so this is something to clean the carpets -my wife quite fancies the upriight vax -has anyone any info / advice on these

many thanks folks
    mo

I have a bex-bissell upright carpet shampooer and it has a hard floor attachment with it too. Used with the brand name products it does a brilliant job, is easy to use and easy to clean afterwards. I got it through an ad in the tv guide one Saturday and it was about £70. I get discount on the cleaning products mail order too.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Thumbs up

I love my bissel, it does a great job with no fuss , is easy to use and even washes laminate almost to dry.I've had it for at least 3 years and its still going strong.I bought it from Argos for £100 and is upright and lightweight.

we rent the rug doctor from homebase, however if your looking to buy id imagine it would be quite expensive.
    A balanced diet is a cake in each hand.

I know somebody with a vax upright and she had problems at first with the internal automatic float switch. Basically it is fine providing you only use the correct specified vax solution at the correct quantity. If incorrect too much foam is produced and the float switch will keep activating and removing suction which is irritating.
    Various models are available with the one below being one of the better ones.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vax-V-028-Ra...ustomerReviews

Smile

I have the Hoover Brush and Wash it is used regulary and i have had it for 10 years now and it is still as good as when i got it. most of my family borrow it so its used at least once a month!

However it is quite expensive at around £200, i was fortunate enough to be posted to germany back in 97 and managed to get mine tax free with the Forces, but as it has lasted 10 years and still going strong it has been well worth the money.

Elastic band, did your wife ever get her lovely carpet cleaner or is it a surprise for Christmas?

I have a Bissell pro heat, It does a fantastic job of the carpets.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Default re-carpet shampooer

thanks for all replies -the good lady still hasn't made her mind up which one to go for -but i think she's now looking at the upright vax one that can do carpets and upholstery -she can't sit on her bum as it is -never mind with a new toy !!
    mo