Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ladies .. "Blokey" Blokes or "New Men" ??

Default Ladies .. "Blokey" Blokes or "New Men" ??

I have just been for lunch with a workmate and his girlfriend, she brought along a friend who seems to be a bit of a feminist and quite frankly .. a total fruit loop. During the course of the lunch she dismissed me as some sort of relic and went on and on about what men should wear, how they should act, how they should speak etc etc. If she ever gets married that guy is in for one dreary life.

Mid converstion she told me I need to moisturise my face more (I just wait until I am out in the rain), that my short hair was "unmanly" (I am losing my hair and have a "dignity cut") and then she went on about "metrosexuality", initially I thought this could be something good I was missing out on but no .. apparently it is when Heterosexual men adopt "Gay culture" and she thinks this what "real" men do. Now I am not Gay so why do I want to adopt a "culture" I am not part of ??, I have a motorbike and she thinks that it is because I have some kind of fetish about wearing leather (!), its only because when I am doing *ahem* the speed limit and I fall off I dont want to leave my flesh on the tarmac ..or die. And apparently my bike is directly responsible for "killing baby seals" because of global warming. Hence why I am a "relic"

So ladies is she right ??, do women really want manicured men who wash their hair with fruits and vegetable shampoos and spend more time in the bathroom grooming than you, who are all touchy feely emotional types .. or .. typical blokes who although they may be a bit rough around the edges, unpredictable and occasionally scruffy are a good laugh and dont take themselves that seriously.

As a side issue .. is this lass nuts ??
    Last edited by Camel Spider; 11-Dec-07 at 15:37. Reason: Punctuation

i love my OH half he is a blokey bloke, he still looks after himself without going over the top, id hate if my other half took longer than me to get ready, she does sound nuts, maybe she living in wrong place, if she wants a man like that or thinks they should be like that maybe she should move to the orange county!
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

Default .

blokey blokes all the way - rough , ready, be able to fix things ....

I would think she has set her sights a tat to high if that is what she expects of a man imho.

My OH is a blokey bloke couldn't even think about living with someone that takes longer to get ready for a night out than me

Quote Originally Posted by Camel Spider View Post
    I have just been for lunch with a workmate and his girlfriend, she brought along a friend who seems to be a bit of a feminist and quite frankly .. a total fruit loop. During the course of the lunch she dismissed me as some sort of relic and went on and on about what men should wear, how they should act, how they should speak etc etc. If she ever gets married that guy is in for one dreary life.

Mid converstion she told me I need to moisturise my face more (I just wait until I am out in the rain), that my short hair was "unmanly" (I am losing my hair and have a "dignity cut") and then she went on about "metrosexuality", initially I thought this could be something good I was missing out on but no .. apparently it is when Heterosexual men adopt "Gay culture" and she thinks this what "real" men do. Now I am not Gay so why do I want to adopt a "culture" I am not part of ??, I have a motorbike and she thinks that it is because I have some kind of fetish about wearing leather (!), its only because when I am doing *ahem* the speed limit and I fall off I dont want to leave my flesh on the tarmac ..or die. And apparently my bike is directly responsible for "killing baby seals" because of global warming. Hence why I am a "relic"

So ladies is she right ??, do women really want manicured men who wash their hair with fruits and vegetable shampoos and spend more time in the bathroom grooming than you, who are all touchy feely emotional types .. or .. typical blokes who although they may be a bit rough around the edges, unpredictable and occasionally scruffy are a good laugh and dont take themselves that seriously.

I've come across this type of female before and they are only worth either avoiding, a slap or something else to calm them down. I once got chatting to two of them together on a night out when one of them saw a pale patch on my ring finger. They gleefully shouted 'How's your wife at home, you phillanderer?'

I just walked away, I didn't want to dignify the situation by telling them that I had got divorced that week and I had taken my wedding ring off for the last time.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Blokey blokes and who is she to tell anyone what men should or shouldn't be!! I wonder how she would feel if you told her her hair was too long, her backside too big and she should speak a bit more butchly to be a "real woman" !! And as for "metrosexuality", I would think anyone adopting that attitude probably IS gay.

each to their own I reckon.

But having met a few of the above mentioned over the years I reckon anyone that she snares will be miserable for the rest of their life. There's no escape!

Blokey or new man? Folks should just accept whichever suits the man. If people need changing to conform to someone else's ideal then they should stay well apart!

Funny though I had you pegged as a metrosexual, Camel Spider
    The box said, "Requires Windows XP or better"...

... so I installed Ubuntu!

Blokey Bloke every time, a bit of rough and ready thanks and oh not forgetting the leather clad biker.....yum yum !! jan xx
    She must be living in very sad life dont you think ?
    computer says no ........

"...........dont take themselves that seriously."

Camel Spider, I think your above quote applies to men and women and I don't think your lunch companion is totally nuts; rude maybe but not nuts; she likes to wind people up and probably gets all her ideas from an array of magazines!

Big blokey blokes for me too...couldnt stand having to wait for the bathroom while my bloke preened!I like them rough and ready x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but they shouldny be givin it when it is unwanted. woulda told her to shut her dish.
    o aye, and a blokey bloke, in touch with their feminine side :-)
    Last edited by jings00; 11-Dec-07 at 17:18. Reason: forgot to put the answer in to the post question!
    it's a sair fecht

Quote Originally Posted by NickInTheNorth View Post
    each to their own I reckon.

But having met a few of the above mentioned over the years I reckon anyone that she snares will be miserable for the rest of their life. There's no escape!

Blokey or new man? Folks should just accept whichever suits the man. If people need changing to conform to someone else's ideal then they should stay well apart!

Funny though I had you pegged as a metrosexual, Camel Spider
    Now Nick .. I know youre winding me up ..
    Last edited by Camel Spider; 11-Dec-07 at 17:21. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by paris View Post
    Blokey Bloke every time, a bit of rough and ready thanks and oh not forgetting the leather clad biker....yum yum !! jan xx
    She must be living in very sad life dont you think ?
    Totally agree with you Paris....nothing like some tight leathers almost better than a uniform........ x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Totally agree with you Paris....nothing like some tight leathers almost better than a uniform........ x
    Lucky for me I have both .. and before anyone makes jokes about the uniform being a nurses one, thats just a comfort thing right ?? .. *ahem* its my old forces outfit .. which doesnt fit anymore ..

Glad to see that Blokey blokes seem to be popular.

Lucky for me I have both .. and before anyone makes jokes about the uniform being a nurses one, thats just a comfort thing right ?? .. *ahem* its my old forces outfit .. which doesnt fit anymore ..

Glad to see that Blokey blokes seem to be popular.
    Can I borrow it then?x

She prob gets all her info from wikipedia.

dignity cut, Think thats what I have been giving myself with the clipper for the last 6 months but was unsure if there was a name for it, Now I know the name does that make me a bit more of a metrosexual!!

Learned something new today, well happy.

Over the pond, but not quite over the hill yet

Camel Spider, the woman (whom I assume is in her 20s, perhaps?) is either totally nuts, utterly brainwashed, or someone who enjoys winding men up!! I agree with Torvaig that she probably gets a lot of her ideas from magazines. But if she really does believe all that guff she spewed out at you, then heaven help the man she marries!!

As for me, I prefer blokey blokes!
    I am living for today, always remembering yesterday, and looking forward to tomorrow!

Blokey blokey everytime.

I had a similar experience Rheghead, I took my wedding and enagement rings off when I left my ex but continued to wear my mothers wedding ring on my right hand. As I had always done.
    I had a bloke thinking he was the wit of the year telling everyone in the bar he had seen me swapping my wedding ring over when I saw him

I'm not sure what you mean by a blokey bloke. I don't want to have to fight for mirror time but I don't want a man who is too rough around the edges either. I like a man who knows how to fix things and get his hands dirty but who washes the dirty hands as soon as the job is finished. Nothing wrong with a dab of allover moisturizer after showering everyday and deodorant is not optional. Eau de sweat and stinky is not OK -- a man can take pride in his appearance without primping. Men in rollers, having their hair colored or getting manicures is not for me but NO HAIRY BACKS -- if it means shaving or waxing it, go for it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast