Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: what kind of mind does this??

Default what kind of mind does this??

this article has thoroughly shocked and disgusted me. What on earth posseses a person to be so cruel to a living creature. A 15 year old boy freezes a hamster, sticks it in the tumble dryer and then puts it in the washing machine before dumping it in the bin and what does he get for it a 4 year ban on keeping animals and a 12 month supervision order psychiatric help would be a good start. As for not naming him I feel that if you are such a hard big man to do something like this to an innocent animal then you should have to face your actions in public.If this was my son who had done this I would be arrested after I got my hands on him.
    Warning pictures may offend.
    http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1295827,00.html
    Last edited by unicorn; 06-Dec-07 at 23:33.

Angry

What kind of warped mind could do this to a poor wee innocent animal?!

Did he get some kind of 'kick' out of it? This is definitely the mind of a murderer and the sentence he got was laughable.
    I know what I would like to do to him!!!!
    To think we share the planet with monsters like these!!!!

Afraid I couldn't look at the pictures.

Like you unicorn I am baffled by the mindset of this youngster, if capable of doing that to a hamster what is next?
    I hope the years supervision order includes some serious counselling.

OMG If he can do that to a defenceless animal what next?

i cant believe that. i feel sick to the stomach. makes me so mad people getting some sort of kicks from hurting and murdering defenceless animals. 4 years ban from having pets!! what a joke. and i fully agree about naming the culprit!!

karia Guest

What kind of behaviour is he subjected to that he thinks this is acceptable?

I doubt that he just fetched up that way...spawn of satan like!

karia

There's something seriously wrong with someone who could harm an innocent defenseless animal like that. It makes you wonder what he's going to turn out like later in life. It's sad to think there's folk with such warped minds.
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Two men have been fined for kicking a hedgehog to death by using it as a football during a stag weekend.

Self-employed joiner John Cathcart and his colleague Gordon Devenish admitted kicking the animal back and forth until it died as a result of its injuries. The pair were fined a total of £760 at Perth Sheriff Court for the incident in Aberfeldy, Perthshire, in June.
    They aught to ashamed of themselves also.

I agree that this is a despicable act but if you agree this boy should have been guided by a recognition that animals do feel pain, suffering, a state of well-being, sensations and emotions, then we should remind ourselves that we are also culpable on many scales of magnitude more by demanding cheap food, burning fossil fuels to excess, and clearing land for development.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

I don't see that as an excuse at all for extreme cruelty such as this anyone with an ounce of compassion or respect for life would see this as absolutely wrong to even think about, never mind actually do it.

The 15 year old should be named and shamed for this heinous
    act never mind this crap 'cannot be named for legal reason'.

SICK LITTLE...better stop there before I get told off.

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    I don't see that as an excuse at all for extreme cruelty such as this anyone with an ounce of compassion or respect for life would see this as absolutely wrong to even think about, never mind actually do it.
    So if you pay for a man to inflict acts of cruelty on an animal whilst you sleep soundly in your bed, does that make you innocent?

we are hardly talking eco warriors here, we are talking about someone torturing an animal slowly to death for his own sick amusement. It was not even his. I cannot stop climate change or anything else but I do think that the criminal justice system and the new animal welfare bill should have been able to apply a tougher sentence. By the way I do try to do my bit for the planet, recycling, energy saving lightbulbs, not using carrier bags etc.

karia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    I agree that this is a despicable act but if you agree this boy should have been guided by a recognition that animals do feel pain, suffering, a state of well-being, sensations and emotions, then we should remind ourselves that we are also culpable on many scales of magnitude more by demanding cheap food, burning fossil fuels to excess, and clearing land for development.
    Absolutely!

Following your argument these ' barbarians' were causing less damage and being more up front about it ..while we hide our animal cruelty behind a societal net curtain of respectability and the gift of distance from the brutality involved in some of our more mundane daily activities.

Like destroying their habitats and other mild mannered deeds!

The 'visceral clutch' brigade have a lot to answer for... but 'Child blows up hamster' will always attract more attention than 'child digs up garden plants but fails to provide new nesting material for hedgehogs.'

Respect Rheghead!

Karia

So this case is just fine by you both, and we all kill animals anyway so who cares, sorry no respect here.

Unicorn, I agree with your abhorence to animal cruelty and this case in particular, but for goodness sake, in terms of global effects, it is only a hamster! It won't be the first and it won't be the last animal to get killed by a sadist! But consider this, I don't know how much court cases cost these days but if that amount of money was spent on educating third world farmers on how to farm sustainably or providing a dancing bear keeper with alternative employment then I think we will get better value for our money in terms of preventing animal cruelty. Just my 2p. Unicorn, please don't feel I am picking on you or that you need to justify your position, you don't, I AGREE with you, it is sick.
    Last edited by Rheghead; 07-Dec-07 at 00:06.

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    So this case is just fine by you both, and we all kill animals anyway so who cares, sorry no respect here.
    That is not what I am saying at all, in fact, quite the opposite. You have taken my post out of context.

karia Guest

No..Not at all!

It is a question of despising individual hateful acts and accepting that 'corporate' brutality is both more far reaching and receives almost no blame!

karia

It's only a hamster so it doesn't matter as it is a cheap pet, that is something that really gets me with a large part of society, I bought it I own it and it only cost a fiver so it's disposable no big deal. Sickening.

It's a well known fact that children who hurt animals go onto hurting humans

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast