Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are we too clean?

Default Are we too clean?

Recent historical investigations support the idea that being too clean can sap your strength and undermine your immune system.
    So how often do my fellow orgers bathe????

http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/200...rce=newsletter
    Richard Sutherland

OOps well thats me done for then...I shower twice a day and wash my hands the whole time!My Mum is always telling me that I have OCD but I just like to be clean and fresh x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

karia Guest

I couldn't function without my daily bath, it eases me gently into the day!

However, I am far from super mad hygienic around the house.

karia

karia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    OOps well thats me done for then...I shower twice a day and wash my hands the whole time!My Mum is always telling me that I have OCD but I just like to be clean and fresh x
    I'm guessing you won't be coming to mine for Christmas dinner Thumper ..
    welcome though you would surely be!

I last bathed on 19th November 2007. Prior to that the last bath was sometime in 1999. I try to make sure I have one in every millennium, whether I need one or not
    The box said, "Requires Windows XP or better"...

... so I installed Ubuntu!

Aww bless you Karia!What a lovely thing to say!I would love to "pop" down for dinner sometime....messy or not x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

i am sae as thumper. 2 showers a day, in fact yesterday i had 3. and my hubby thinks i clean too much and i do have ocd.

showers however are fairly frequent, but definitely not every day.
    The box said, "Requires Windows XP or better"...

... so I installed Ubuntu!

karia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Aww bless you Karia!What a lovely thing to say!I would love to "pop" down for dinner sometime....messy or not x

For you thumper..I'll get the marigolds on!

kariax

Seems this is a favourite with forums;

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/s...d.php?t=663312

Me? not had a bath since 1988 (but have a shower daily if possible)

Default are we too clean?

It must be wonderful to be a historian and research stuff like this.
    I am not too sure about the latest findings about underpants throughout the ages. But a historian friend told me that until the advent of cheap cotton people just itched and stank.
    Unless, of course you were rich and could afford linen.
    Interestingly the great bulk of linen seems to have come from Ulster. Maybe the need for unscratchy briefs was behind the English invasions.
    The Highlanders in their plaids may have been slightly more comfortable than their trousered confreres south of the Highland line.
    And what about the Kiess corpse from the 17th century - he was wearing leather trousers! Leather might seem to be an answer. But if that is the case why was the Kiess man left with his leather pants? I would have expected them to have been nicked!
    Richard Sutherland

Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    And what about the Kiess corpse from the 17th century - he was wearing leather trousers! Leather might seem to be an answer. But if that is the case why was the Kiess man left with his leather pants? I would have expected them to have been nicked!
    Everybody in Keiss wears leather trousers

karia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by northener View Post
    Everybody in Keiss wears leather trousers
    That's why it is the home of Scottish 'mince'!

karia

Quote Originally Posted by karia View Post

karia
    I am not sure if you are referring to the Mackay clan from Keiss who were almost all butchers or just insulting the intelligence of the Keissers. Or maybe you are doing both at the same time!!

Quote Originally Posted by karia View Post

karia
    Nice one, made me laugh.
    The Big Man

I have a shower every morning and then a bath at night. I wash my hair every morning in the shower cant go 2 days without washing my hair! I do worry about germs and I am conscious about always washing my hands the whole time but I would not say I was OCD or anything just if I touch certain things I am like eugh must wash my hands. My house I try to keep clean I have laminate floors throughtout my downstairs and some upstairs and I mop my bottom floors twice a day with antibacterial flash wipes but I have small children and animals so like to make sure the kids cant catch anything.

I have a friend who rather grossly insists that picking your nose and eating it is not a bad thing cos it puts germs in your body to help keep your immune system boosted!!!

karia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cattach View Post
    I am not sure if you are referring to the Mackay clan from Keiss who were almost all butchers or just insulting the intelligence of the Keissers. Or maybe you are doing both at the same time!!
    I am not referring to anyone!

Was just sharing a joke with northener about the inferences' drawn by the wearing of leather trousers to small minded people!

You would have to ask northener about that as he was the one who mentioned Keiss..I am sure that he was making historical reference and will be able and happy to enlighten.

Karia

Default too clean?

Have any Orgers lived in places WITHOUT a bathroom of any description?
    I did for years.
    Richard Sutherland

karia Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    Have any Orgers lived in places WITHOUT a bathroom of any description?
    I did for years.
    Lived in a 'room and kitchen' as it is called for 9 horrible months when first married...you had to open the outside loo with a mangled fork..and sometimes there was someone in there!

Must have been a market for mangled forks in those days..but they weren't even Polish!

karia

My last bath was.... oooo, hmmmm, gosh - several years ago! However, I do shower every day.
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast