Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stupid inconsiderate idiot drivers

Default Stupid inconsiderate idiot drivers

I was driving along Provost Cormack Drive at about 4.30 this afternoon, when I saw a learnet driver attempting a 3 point turn. So naturally being the good and careful driver I am, and having been a learner driver myself once waited for the completion of the manoeuvre.

As did the car behind me, and the car behind that. That however was not good enough for the fourth car who simply, without even indicating decided to overtake the lot of us, and pass behind the car just about to reverse in the road.

Followed about 5 seconds later by another idiot that did the same thing, only this time passing in front of the car that was in the process of completing the reversing manoeuvre.

I am wrong in thinking that they were totally in the wrong, or am I just stupid?

If anyone knows of a car with loads of sign writing all over it prominently featuring the word carbon I would like to speak to the idiot that was driving it!
    The box said, "Requires Windows XP or better"...

... so I installed Ubuntu!

no you were right in what you did, some people are inconsiderate and shouldnt be allowed behind a wheel!!
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

I alway.s give way to a tuition car, the driver just might be up his / her test. and i,d sure hate to be the one that fluster,s the driver.
    a little consideration cost nothing and i like the feel good feeling afterward,s.

Yea we have all been there - we all had to learn one way or another so a bit of consideration isn't a lot to ask!

The person carrying out the manouver should give priority to any oncoming traffic.

However, if the oncoming traffic is prepared to wait, the the car doing the manouver can proceed with caution.

Learners hate doing a turn in the road with cars waiting for them, it makes them feel like they should get out of the way quickly, that's usually why they stall or bounce off the pavement. Nothing like an audience when you're learning!

Prat coming from the back of the queue? Absolute nob.

I have been quite luckyso far when learning.Had a few idiots but it is not the norm. It is very off putting though,esp if you stall etc..
    (\__/)
    ( o.O) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (")_(") your signature, to help him gain World Domination.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
    I have been quite luckyso far when learning.Had a few idiots but it is not the norm. It is very off putting though,esp if you stall etc..
    Stick with it, Fluff! Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluff View Post

You couldn't be as unlucky as me, someone actually crashed into me when I was having my pretest lesson.
    I was in floods of tears, I stupidly went against my instructors advice and sat the test anyway but failed miserably.

I can laugh about it now but I just remember sitting in the car and the guy waiting for me to get out, I just kept sobbing until eventually he called my instructor over to explain he didn't want to leave me in such a state
    It was the same man who did my text the second time, he was very relieved when I passed lol !

Most be the same idiot that went passed me and a few cars sat at a red light roadworks a while back

A good hug often helps

I use the back road out of Watten towards Wick Tesco 5 days a week. Its a single track road and you can guarantee that people everyday will have parked in the passing places to go walk the dog or whatever. Thats my moan about driving up here.

Quote Originally Posted by northener View Post
    The person carrying out the manouver should give priority to any oncoming traffic.
    However, if the oncoming traffic is prepared to wait, then the car doing the manouver can proceed with caution..
    I was always led to believe (albeit by my driving instructor many moons ago) that the person doing the manoeuver had right of way and any oncoming traffic had to wait for them to finish but you didn't start unless road was clear of others.
    I personally don't fancy going past a learner driver doing a 3 point turn with unknown clutch control!!

I am learning with Francis Dunnet and he's always told me that if you are doing a three pont turn or manouver any traffic has the right to decide wether they want to pass you or wait, but you have to wait until its obvious which they've chosen before completing the manouver.
    I Was Born Brilliant; Education Ruined Me

Best of luck to all learners, especially you Nikki. Hope you have many years of safe driving.

And the ones who don't use there little orange lights they are suppose to use for turn corners and for pulling out

I'm not the best driver and I've made mistakes but some people take the biscuit. The one I hate is the people that are in the wrong and give me the dirty look when it's obvious that they did wrong. And to anyone I've managed to annoy with my driving I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    And the ones who don't use there little orange lights they are suppose to use for turn corners and for pulling out
    Correct. Too many drivrers just tutn round corners without signally. As a predestrian I alaways look to see if the catr coming is turning or if I can cross but often have to change my mind quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattach View Post
    Correct. Too many drivrers just tutn round corners without signally. As a predestrian I alaways look to see if the catr coming is turning or if I can cross but often have to change my mind quick.
    My absolute pet hate is drivers who don't indicate. Indicators are there for a reason, and it's dangerous for both pedestrians and drivers if people don't use them! I used to be able to tell when someone was turning a corner, now I just have to assume that because they're not indicating that they'll turn the corner: I'll get run over otherwise!

When I was learning to drive I was taught that you use your indicators whether there is another car near you or not. I was horrified when my eldest told me that they are taught (she had 3 different instructors - through no fault of hers) not to indicate unless there is another car behind or in front of you. This doesn't take into account a) pedestrians and b) cars that come out of nowhere. I always indicate, especially on roundabouts.

Quote Originally Posted by grandma View Post
    When I was learning to drive I was taught that you use your indicators whether there is another car near you or not. I was horrified when my eldest told me that they are taught (she had 3 different instructors - through no fault of hers) not to indicate unless there is another car behind or in front of you. This doesn't take into account a) pedestrians and b) cars that come out of nowhere. I always indicate, especially on roundabouts.
    I had always thought they should be used all the time!

i never trust indicater,s i always wait till i see the car turning before i venture out. to many times a vehicle coming out of a gentle turn the indicater,s dont turn off. seen it to many times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast